Presenting... The Axe-Fx III

A whole new software development isn't exactly cheap. Can't just look at the chip cost.

I understand that but they went back to the drawing board to design the Axe III and it could have been added to the design at that time. Unless they just didn't want to have to deal with software development on Android and IOS which is the OS's we would have wanted Axe-Edit on to do mobile editing.

This way all the configuration data is on the III and when you backup you backup the foot controller as well. It also means if a foot controller fails you don't have to reprogram a new one (which is a big deal for touring acts where the gear gets hammered on and last second change-outs are common).

I like the path of thinking at play here. Very smart.

I understand that but they went back to the drawing board to design the Axe III and it could have been added to the design at that time. Unless they just didn't want to have to deal with software development on Android and IOS which is the OS's we would have wanted Axe-Edit on to do mobile editing.
Yea I'm kinda scratching my head on this too. Maybe in the Mark 2 version hehe.

Honestly though I've a Behringer X32 thats is now 5 years old and I mix with it 100% on a tablet or phone or laptop all wirelessly.

There must be some reason this was not implemented, maybe cost, maybe security?

Hopefully by the time I can afford one of these they will have the 48v on the xlr inputs. Other than that, it looks pretty much perfect to me.

Oh oh now with the latest Update I'm getting closer and closer to forget T... Amps and now this thing comes out, you wanna ruin me right , pls tell me not that this one gets most-more-real as all things before no ?
:artpalette:

This sounds awesome, on the G66 waiting list...

Two really important Qs for people who care about software freedom:

1) Will the AxeFx III continue to work smoothly as an usb audio and midi interface under modern Linux kernels (with full 8x8 capabilities)?

2) Will AxeEdit and FractalBot continue to work decently under WINE?

Hopefully YES to both, and then take my money :)

I plan on keeping the Axe FX II XL+ after upgrading. Will I be able to run both simultaneously, Axe-Edit for the Axe FX II and the new version for Axe III? My plan is to run the II XL+ into an input jack on the III and use the II as an effects unit and/or for additional amps/cabs.

Last edited:
This sounds awesome, on the G66 waiting list...

Two really important Qs for people who care about software freedom:

1) Will the AxeFx III continue to work smoothly as an usb audio and midi interface under modern Linux kernels (with full 8x8 capabilities)?

2) Will AxeEdit and FractalBot continue to work decently under WINE?

Hopefully YES to both, and then take my money :)

Any words on how much will it cost in EU?

Do any beta testers know if the damping time has been increased in the Edit Modifier Window? Or if you can adjust the up and down time independently?
Not currently but I can change that. The firmware is still beta.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! This is has been my biggest wish for YEARS! Thanks again for all you do!

Do any beta testers know if the damping time has been increased in the Edit Modifier Window? Or if you can adjust the up and down time independently?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! This is has been my biggest wish for YEARS! Thanks again for all you do!

Just curious, what do you use this for? Not critiquing. Wondering what uses I might have for this and utilizing the damping feature.

Just curious, what do you use this for? Not critiquing. Wondering what uses I might have for this and utilizing the damping feature.
There could be many many uses, one of the most obvious a slow fade in/out, or a slow fade between dry and reverb to simulate a guitar that moves further away, and so on..

There could be many many uses, one of the most obvious a slow fade in/out, or a slow fade between dry and reverb to simulate a guitar that moves further away, and so on..
Like when using an expression pedal to that? My thought is move your foot slower lol? I'll have to experiment with this.

Back
Top Bottom