Presenting... The Axe-Fx III

I don’t care about any of the fancy shit it may or may not do. All I want out of your ridiculesly powerful 4 dsp chips is gapless switching. I don’t care if it sounds better, I don’t care if there is so much I/O that I can route the signal through my ass, and back again, I want preset changes to be as quick as a scene change. Please and thank you.

The new Channels feature and the ability to run so many more effects in a preset should solve that problem for you...you may have to let go of your concept of how presets were used before over the years as you'll likely not be changing between presets within a song or even a set anymore.

As it is now I use a fairly complex effects setup with multiple delays, drives, and other effects routed all kinds of ways an I only change presets between songs and use scenes for all the parts changes within a song...In fact I just call presets songs and don't think of them as presets per se.

Will the Axe-Fx III work with the RJM Mastermind GT and FAMC Liquid Foot+ MIDI controllers if they update their firmware?
That seems like a question for RJM and FAMC. There’s nothing preventing this. But whether they choose to integrated deeply with the III or not is their choice.

Disappointed in the FC foot controler. I like to have as many foot switches as possible for direct as opposed to going through more pages or layers. That means more steps to get to the sane place.
You can make up to 4 of them work together as a single unit. That’s 48 switches.

Holy Crap, I can't believe I missed this! I was off-line today for the first time in months and look what happens!
This is F'n great....Here we go boys!!!

Disappointed in the FC foot controler. I like to have as many foot switches as possible for direct as opposed to going through more pages or layers. That means more steps to get to the sane place.

That's why I asked the question above yours. I really like using my FAMC Liquid Foot+ PRO+ and 12+ in expander mode, so I have access to 36 pedals. Hopefully FAMC updates their firmware to include the III.

Surprised how you can be disappointed when we don't even know the functionality and how the Axe-Fx III and the controllers will interact together.

Damn. Just when I thought the XL+ had cured me of GAS forever, now you guys go and do this. :rolleyes:

Congrats on a monumental task, FAS! Gonna have to start saving up my lunch money, I guess.

I'll need two. One for the 10 presets and one for the scenes and effects!

I would love to be able to continue using the MFC-101 Faslink with Ax III! :(
Bringing equipment to Brazil is difficult! :(

How I wanted to be American! Blessed people!

Well...I'm in. Help me spend them money before my wife does! Congrats FAS. I've owned the I and the II...soon...It the III. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom