Presenting... The Axe-Fx III

Fractal Audio Systems is pleased to present the Axe-Fx III, our all-new amp modeler and multi-effects processor. Here are a few words from our press release:

"The Axe-Fx III culminates dozens of man-years of development in a truly state-of-the-art product. Equipped with four processors, the Axe-Fx III contains more raw processing power than any hardware effects processor ever made, by far."

You can learn much more about this exciting new product at http://www.fractalaudio.com

View attachment 44199

Maaaaaaan............. I have a chub :cool::D

I just really hope I made it in on the waitlist early enough to get mine in the first round of units, I don't think my anxiety could handle waiting any longer than that. :eek:

In truth, being on consequent rounds would make you luckier as early problems may be alleviated. ;)

"Output 2 features a second set of XLR jacks and outputs 3 and 4 each offer a pair of Humbuster™ 1/4” jacks. Outputs 3 and 4 are designed for unity gain applications such as “the four cable method” or dual stereo inserts and can also be used as general-purpose outputs."

So, if I understand it correctly, we can use it in 4cm with 2 real amps / preapms?
Is there relay type bypass like in FX8?

Just saw this thread when I looked at my phone at lunch. I couldn't get an email to send for the waitlist so I drove like a maniac 30 minutes from work, sent an email and now am heading back to work.

Looking at the specs this opens up a new realm of possibilities and I can't imagine what the sound quality will be!!!!!

Thanks Cliff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this looks far beyond what I could have imagined!!!!!

Holy Sh!t this looks amazing, I can't wait to hear how it sounds. And all the new routing options, screen, seamless switching, ability to name scenes, improved pitch detection, and etc. Is there a way to keep the real-time analyzer on-screen all the time? That would look sick on stage ;-)

The biggest thing I'm wondering is... the AX8 works really well for me in a compact package. It's *so* convenient to just carry a gig bag and a guitar. I really don't use my AFXII any more - it just sits at home as a super-nice audio interface. And I'd be totally happy to upgrade. So, @FractalAudio @Admin M@ dare I ask:

Will there be a new floor model coming? Having a version of the III in a floor pedal would be the cat's meow for me :)

Holy Sh!t this looks amazing, I can't wait to hear how it sounds. And all the new routing options, screen, seamless switching, ability to name scenes, improved pitch detection, and etc. Is there a way to keep the real-time analyzer on-screen all the time? That would look sick on stage ;-)

The biggest thing I'm wondering is... the AX8 works really well for me in a compact package. It's *so* convenient to just carry a gig bag and a guitar. I really don't use my AFXII any more - it just sits at home as a super-nice audio interface. And I'd be totally happy to upgrade. So, @FractalAudio @Admin M@ dare I ask:

Will there be a new floor model coming? Having a version of the III in a floor pedal would be the cat's meow for me :)
based on forum history. If there is one in the works we have 0 chance of hearing about it in advance. Kind of like when we heard an Axe 3 is years away

What’s knob indentation?
It's what set the first Axe-Fx's interface heads and shoulders above the competition.
AxeFx.jpg

Well, that's a pretty machine that goes "ping", you have there, sir. Brilliant, but completely redundant, as for me. I'm sure that the next evolutionary step in the AX8 line is about to happen, though.

But not the AXEIII in floor format - that would be too cannibalizing... I'd bet for AX8+ with more horsepower, able to run dual amps.

Dreaming? Hope not! :)

Back
Top Bottom