Presenting... The Axe-Fx III

This looks seriously awesome but there's zero chance of me buying it. Heck, even my Mark I is overkill for me but the gapless switching when using dual amps is probably the only thing keeping me from getting an AX-8. When the AX-8 is updated, I'll move heaven and earth to get one.

Any chance for a powered version?

Axe FX III mk.II? To be released after all the early adopters got theirs. ;):D

There goes the resell value of my XL+...:(

Excellent news! Now is the time to pick up a piece of gear that will see most guitarist through for years to come. The way I see it nothing has changed as far as the XL+ is concerned. It's still excellent gear that most guitarists would kill for and that still kills every competitor. The only thing that has changed is that a successor has been announced and all the early adopters are now screaming like a bunch of teenage girls who just saw Justin Bieber.

I'm also looking forward to the floor version of this. I'm guessing only a matter of time. Looks like even if it only had 2 DSP it would still be more than twice as powerful as the AX8.

39937628752_ca1ff5c633_o.png

Looks like there is enough processing power that there might be lots of room to improve the core amp modeling in ways that might not have been possible with previous hardware. Any thoughts as to whether that is part of the long-term plan?

Reactions: MSS
This awesome. Congratulations to Cliff and FAS team. like many others I would like to know what happens to the updates to Axe FX II and AX8. are we going to get them or they are at the end of their life cycle? thank you :)

So this is a TI single large chip with 4 processors like:

66AK2Hxx Multicore DSP+ARM® KeyStone ™ II System-on-Chip (SoC)

Around $500 or so.

Back
Top Bottom