Presenting... The Axe-Fx III

Yes, you can daisy-chain up to four. However, the FC-6/12 feature "layouts". A layout remaps all the switches so it's like having 12 times the number of switches.
Awesome! when daisy chained, will the displays be capable to disply different content, or will they show be up to four times redundant informations?

Ah... I hope I’m not duplicating any questions - would the super firmware for axe 3 be also ported to axe 2 and ax8 ? :)

Lord @FractalAudio ? Or any moderators? :)

Last edited:
Just got a Helix to run 4CM with my Mesa JP2C. Not even unboxed yet! Looks like that's going back and my XL+ will be doing that job when I get the III into my studio rack. Or could the III serve both purposes with all those routing options?? I don't gig. Just a home player. Just don't like having to switch stuff all the time. Congrats Cliff and the entire Fractal team!!!

Oh man! This is cool! So many questions though...

Does this have a built-in power amp (please say yes)? What are the dimensions? Hoping I can just set this on top of my cab and treat it like a guitar amp.

I am pretty regular about checking the forum/site, but in the sheer space of a few hours I think I may have lost a few months of waitlist position. Not that I really need one, but I can't help myself. So excited for this! I think my II will become my bass rig, or maybe I'll sell it eventually.

On one side i'm a little sad not being on top of the foodchain anymore, and fear the end of xl+ updates.
But on another side I'm happy to see the birth of such a monster and for it to be a fractal product.
Long live the axefx !

I am pretty regular about checking the forum/site, but in the sheer space of a few hours I think I may have lost a few months of waitlist position. Not that I really need one, but I can't help myself. So excited for this! I think my II will become my bass rig, or maybe I'll sell it eventually.
I got in waitlist 8 minutes after the initial post....we shall see...........

Had the AX8 since it came out, finally broke down and got an XLII+ on Friday, and the thing sounds amazing
not sure how much better it can get, but dammit i'm on the waitlist. :)

Back
Top Bottom