Presenting... The Axe-Fx III

anybody been beta testing this thing that can say anything about it yet?

This is not an incremental change. It is a massive leap forward in every way.
The term "game changer" is entirely applicable. It's hard to overstate just how much power the unit has to spare even after purposefully building the most complicated preset you can imagine. The new block features (and countless others) will be instant industry standards. And it sounds absolutely beautiful.

Interested in if there are updates to amps/cab sims, from the II and Ax8?
Looks beyond amazing and look forward to what the whole FAS community will do to improve on what is already groundbreaking products.
Kudos

Appears to be an actual pic. of the III.

6e8414affb5bdfec3ecadcf71e493321.jpg

Looks like you're clipping your levels a bit!! :p

I want one even more now....

Been reading through the specs of this monster... Wow!

Outstanding job guys.

Kudos to all you Beta testers biting your tongues throughout all the speculation threads lately! :eek::D

I'm on the waiting list. Hopefully it goes a lot quicker than when I bought my Axe FXII.
It should be interesting to see how many Axe FX II start showing up on Ebay this week.
I'm going to come down with the worst flu you've ever seen when my FXIII arrives. Sorry boss!

Screen now has colors but UI looks bad as old one. (After Helix UI Axe's UI is terrible)
I think AX8 was right move (seperate gain, volume, bass, mid, treble, presence etc knobs, really nice to use) and I was really hoping axe III would have these too.. but no..
I doubt that many Axe users would see what you're seeing. While the AX8 had some questionable UI choices (including those largely unused separate controls), the rack Axe-FX has always been clear and easy to use. This new color screen, going to the industry standard of aligning the knobs with the control positions on the screen and adding push controls make this as good as anything out there.

I feel bad for all those people who posted on the board who kept asking 'I have cash, but should I hold out for a III?'. And we all told them 'no, there's nothing new on the horizon, the XL+ will see you through for many years'. The latter is still true but boy were we wrong about the former. And I reckon those who took the plunge and got an XL+ on our advice might now feel pis sed. I know I would.

Bravo !
It looks great and sooo powerful .
Unfortunately for me it means that I will probably not get any update anymore for my Axe FX II, but I already got so many of them in the past .
I could personally more concentrate on optimized my presets on a stable firmware now, without thinking of new upgrade :D

From what I could gather the only reason updates stopped for the Standard and Ultra was that there was no more room for new firmware. Not because those platforms were actually abandoned. So I wouldn't plan on not getting any new upgrades for a while.

This is not an incremental change. It is a massive leap forward in every way.
The term "game changer" is entirely applicable. It's hard to overstate just how much power the unit has to spare even after purposefully building the most complicated preset you can imagine. The new block features (and countless others) will be instant industry standards. And it sounds absolutely beautiful.

yes, i get the sense from just looking at the specs that this is something major. i hope i get the chance to try one out...i'm sure the creative opportunities for someone with my, shall we say...proclivities...for effects heavy patches will be greatly increased :)

Back
Top Bottom