• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Presenting... The Axe-Fx III

JOHNNYROCKIT

Veteran
FPGA ?
(Field-Programmable Gate Array)

A field-programmable gate array (FPGA) is an integrated circuit designed to be configured by a customer or a designer after manufacturing.

Hellbat

Forum Addict
The real question is if I had JP's beard and/or Larry Mitchell's dreads, would I already have an Axe-FX III? Seems like it's getting hairy time!

yeky83

Veteran
What's the FPGA in the new Axe used for ?
Axe-Fx II used an FPGA too, from the manual: "A 200K gate FPGA provides peripheral functionality and system bus management."

Since the marketing says "DSPs comprise the main audio engine" of the Axe-Fx III, I'm guessing the FPGA still does the same thing it did in II. The wording groups peripherals and FPGA together so it seems to reflect this, "a proprietary FPGA and a rich set of peripherals."

vangrieg

Forum Addict
The real question is if I had JP's beard and/or Larry Mitchell's dreads, would I already have an Axe-FX III? Seems like it's getting hairy time!
Go back in time, grow a beard by the III launch date, see if it works, tell us. Repeat for dreads.

The beard appears to be a winner though - nobody in the world has as many signature guitars as this guy. And I don't think Mesa did a signature amp for anyone else?

AlbertA

Forum Addict
Yes, this is absolutely fabulous, the mutil-delays and Plex Delays are better than ever. You can easily get ambient sounds on the III that would crush the XL+s cpu. With the combination of Channels and Scenes you can reduce the number of presets significantly. The expanded routing, channels, and scene also makes spillover with in a preset pretty trivial.
There's javajunkie... he's not dead! :)

Top Bottom