Premiere Guitar Video - Axe-Fx II

Great video.

Where can I get one of those Fractal T-shirts?

Can't wait.

I've already pulled out the boxes for my Tascam. Once the Axe II arrives, the remaining recording gear is no longer needed.

Odd question...

How are those rubberized knobs handling "normal" use?

I can be a heavy tweaker at times, fiddling with stuff daily, and then other times I am just "where I need to be," so I don't touch stuff for weeks, or months, at a time, so I guess I would consider "normal" about an average of an hour a week of physical contact in a year.

I haven't really been tweaking much lately, but I kind of have about all I can really get out of my current gear at the moment, so there's nothing to really tweak. lol

I only ask, cause in the vid, they already look kind of worn, I know there have been about a billion people messing with it, but it just makes me wonder about the life of these new knobs.

Having messed with one for a bit, they're not worn just dirty. It's a non-smooth, high frictions rubbery surface that picks up whatever touches it. So after some use they don't look as pretty as smooth plastic.

They're killer though. The second you touch it, your finger ain't sliding off it. Really easy to grab the "corner" of any of the 4 value knobs and move. Feels solid and accurate.

The composition of the knobs has been changed for the actual production units. The rubberized knobs feel nice but they get dirty easily. The composition has been changed to match the finish of the buttons. Furthermore the diameter of the Quick Control knobs has been reduced to facilitate getting one's fingers firmly on the knobs.

The composition of the knobs has been changed for the actual production units. The rubberized knobs feel nice but they get dirty easily. The composition has been changed to match the finish of the buttons. Furthermore the diameter of the Quick Control knobs has been reduced to facilitate getting one's fingers firmly on the knobs.

WANTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111

Well, I hope you didn't do that just for me!

j/k

I actually kind of liked the rubberized knobs, but it's not a selling point either way. lol

I thought those knobs looked a bit close together.. smaller diameter will help. Nice attention to detail!

Back
Top Bottom