Preferred way to mount ax8 on pedalboard?

Board is ordered and on its way. I searched the pedalboard thread and although there were lots of great pics, not alot said about how people are mounting their ax8s to the pedalboards. On smaller units I would go with 3m dual lock. But with the size and weight of the ax8 Im sure someone has a better way to do it.

Thanks!

I just used Velcro glued to the feet pegs. It will hold the unit to the board even upside down and it lets me run my expression cables under the unit. Looks super clean. Wouldn't stand up to much but my board has a tight lid that wont let it move during transport.

I drilled holes in the board that fit the rubber feet, I have velcro in the horisontal direction on the board and vertically on the unit. I think three strypes in each direction. That's super tight.

I drilled holes in the board that fit the rubber feet, I have velcro in the horisontal direction on the board and vertically on the unit. I think three strypes in each direction. That's super tight.

I did the same as I needed to raise the AX8 up to maintain access to the ports.
With the feet removed it sat a fraction too low and I couldn't get to the ports.

I need to figure out how to do that with a Pedaltrain! How thick are the plates, and how many did you use on the AX8?
Pretty thin... 1/16"? Maybe? I'd have to break out my caliper to see for sure.
I used four large ones on the AX8, right at the corners. Way overkill - two would've easily held it in place, but 4 prevents any and all movement.

I had a pedaltrain before, and I think you could use these with it, but you'd have to find much longer thumb screws to use with it, and I don't know what thread these are.

Pretty thin... 1/16"? Maybe? I'd have to break out my caliper to see for sure.
I used four large ones on the AX8, right at the corners. Way overkill - two would've easily held it in place, but 4 prevents any and all movement.

I had a pedaltrain before, and I think you could use these with it, but you'd have to find much longer thumb screws to use with it, and I don't know what thread these are.

Thanks, I'll investigate more. I'd love a quick release system to take the AX8 out on its own.

If I were to do it, rather than glueing Velcro to the feet I would probably make some appropriate sized rails out of wood or whatever material and secure those to the board then Velcro the ax8 to that.

I removed the feet and used standard velcro... its almost impossible to remove from the board

That's exactly what I did and agreed, it's never coming off lol. That's why I'm looking for a solution similar to the Temple board plate where I can occasionally use just the AX8.

This is how I did it. I used a piece of metal strapping use to hold up plumbing. The strapping has holes every inch or so. I removed the rubber feett on the back of the AX8 and put the strapping behind the feet and re-attached. Then attached to the board. Saw this on this forum somewhere. The beauty of this solution is that it requires no special length screws and holds very well. This isnt going anywhere.

ax8.jpg

3M Dual Lock - it has temperature resistant adhesive. I've never had problem with regular Velcro failing, but the glue on the bottom always does. The glue is also messy as all getup if you ever want to take off the Velcro. Ever since I switched to dual lock it hasn't been an issue. Bicycle chain links always worked good for my standard pedals as well. I'm going to "stick" to dual lock for now. See what I did there? Lol. To each their own...

Back
Top Bottom