"preferred default layout" ???

s0c9

1st off, I'm a noob. Had my Ultra a whole 3 days now. Cannot drag myself away from it. Driving the wife nuts !! One deep device ! but KILLER sound.

Yeks "how to's" has a section called How to Keep Your Presets Organized.
http://axefxwiki.guitarlogic.org/index. ... _organized

1st line states..
Code:
1. Use preferred default grid whenever possible.
What is that layout ??
Can't find any other reference to it in the wiki, tutorials, forum or manuals.
Am I being clueless and missing something ? Help !

TIA.

It just means your preferred layout. For live use, it makes sense to use the same layout whenever possible, for example a simple one for FRFR use could be:

WAH>COMP>DRIVE>AMP>CAB>DELAY>CHORUS>REV

You may prefer a different order for the time based FX, or using two drives, or two amps, etc, this is just an example. So, you set up your IA's and expression pedal(s) to bypass/control the FX you want. Now, if you don't use any other different FX, you can just change the amp/cab, maybe comp/drive and save to a new preset.

If you like delay spillover for patches, I've found it works best to keep the delay blocks after the the cab. If you use global tap tempo with your delays, then the delay trails sound pretty natural. This is another reason to work from a basic grid layout.

Were you running through a PA/CAB rig you'd probably want the cab block at the end of the chain and the FXLoop block just before it sending to your stage rig via Output 2. Thus you get all of the FX in your stage rig. In this scenario if you DI Output 1 through FOH, unless you use the same cab for all patches the delay spillover will sound a little different. Say, you have delay on a lead patch using a Marshall cab, and switch to a clean patch with a Fender cab. The trails from the lead patch in the buffer would suddenly sound through the Fender cab.

thanks !!
makes perfect sense - now that someone has explained it. DOI !
I have seen many of the posts that that show pix of users default layout. Don't know why I didn't put 2-and-2 together.

Back
Top Bottom