Precedent for full Axe-Fx Plugin?

Big news! Cool. So for a an axe fx II owner you could easily have both and use the axe as your interface. Nice.

Oooohhh and 15 days demo! I might be a convert by then. No more reamping through the axe multiple times until I get the tone I want. Tweaking while listening to the mix is where it's at.

I think Cliff will eventually have to move over to vst to stay in the game, but I understand that it must be tough to calculate exactly when to do it. Since yeah, it WILL get cracked, and the secret sauce will be not so secret at that point.

I'll try the 15 day trial of the line6, but for $400, I am betting I'm still gonna want to stick with BIAS.

I don't know if this is a game changer, but having that convenience is stellar and not having to continually reamp is great.

Well thunderbolt will get you down to 1.4 ms right now. I have and apogee element 46 and focusrite clarett 2 pre that are both allowing plugins in real time.

Cool except latency through a DAW will never be as low as you can get with dedicated DSP.

That is not my case.
I run a focusrite Scarlett interface into a Mac pro, using mainstage and SGear. There might be a difference but you'd be hard pressed to notice any difference.

This is pretty awesome, and I'll definitely have to check out the free trial and do some comparisons with the Axe. My favourite feature of the Helix was the Hardware UI so I'll be interested to see if I still like it just for tones. My first thought seeing it was "here's hoping the Axe-Fx plugin isn't far off".

Well thunderbolt will get you down to 1.4 ms right now. I have and apogee element 46 and focusrite clarett 2 pre that are both allowing plugins in real time.
Slate is claiming their new interface will get you down to 0.7ms latency.

I think it's full round trip but in the interest of marketing a 0.7ms figure, I'm guessing it would NOT include any processing. I could be wrong on both. Not sure.

I can switch between the AFX and plugins on my computer and latency is an absolute non-issue for me. Latency on decent computer hardware has been solved for many years now. Last time I was bothered by it was circa 2007, 2008.

Back
Top Bottom