Pre-Out Vs Effects loop with real amp cab

Bootleg

Hi, as a new owner of an FM3 I’d like to try to connect it through my normal amp head (picture). Not sure how to do it... Pre out to OUT 2L on the FM3? That way I can still use amp modeling right? What are my options here? Thanks so much and sorry if this is a redundant question... completely new to this.

guitar!!
D21CBF5B-3F60-447A-A26E-5655B6E3E32A.jpeg

Wouldn’t I be able to use this amp head as a power amp only just to be able to power the speaker cabinet ? If I understand correctly the most common scenario if running through effects return is then by disabling the amp block in my signal chain so that my real amp head tone is not colored by the FM3, what if I want to use my amp head just as a power amp like say a SM170 or any power rack wouldn’t be what the pre amp output on my amp head is made for ?

Wouldn’t I be able to use this amp head as a power amp only just to be able to power the speaker cabinet ? If I understand correctly the most common scenario if running through effects return is then by disabling the amp block in my signal chain so that my real amp head tone is not colored by the FM3, what if I want to use my amp head just as a power amp like say a SM170 or any power rack wouldn’t be what the pre amp output on my amp head is made for ?
If you want to use it as a power amp use it as I said in my first post , if you want to use the FM for effects only, use the effect loop normally, as in send to FM3 input, FM3 out to effects return.

So out of the FM3 straight into the input of the Amp head? And then plug my guitar into the fractal just as normal on the back ? This is better suited to still be able to use the Amp sim block in the FM3?

So out of the FM3 straight into the input of the Amp head? And then plug my guitar into the fractal just as normal on the back ? This is better suited to still be able to use the Amp sim block in the FM3?
See 4-cable method in the user manual.

Back
Top Bottom