Pre-Ordered Axe FX II XL. Advice needed on Power Amp & Power Soak

Mike1809

Just a quick hi to the forum,

As the title suggests I've pre-ordered myself the Axe FX II XL.

I'm looking at getting a Matrix Power amp, but I'm unsure of which one to get? I think the GT1000FX is the most ideal, but I'm unsure whether to get the 1U or 2U? I'll be primarily only using the Power Amp for live use which suggests the 1U, but would it be a good idea to get the 2U just incase I ever record in a studio environment?

I also see a lot of people using power soaks, and wondered if this is necessary? If so could people recommend me some that are popular with the AXE FX/Matrix combo?

Cheers,

Mike

you were able to pre-order? I dont think you'd need the 2u. 1u isn't that loud really and for live it would be fine. Plus you save a rack space. As for a power soak, no way, you don't need that. Its all in the axe. Plus for recording the axe is perfect by it self.

Thanks for that. I'll bare that in mind :)

And yeah with being in Europe, well UK, the dealer in Europe lets you pre-order them. Once they're in stock at the end of March, I just pay and it's delivered :)

Spare one RU and get the slim. You - or mikes - wont pick-up any fan noice unless you are taking a break in the studio rest-room.

Should be no need whatsoever for a power soak. Low volume is low volume, and the Fletcher-Munson curve still affects the sound whether the amp volume is low or you're using a power soak.

Cheers everyone for responses. I actually think I may have the name mixed up. By the power soak, I mean like a power surge protector. I see alot of Axe FX user have them in their racks.

I think in general you either spend a lot and get one that regulates the voltage or you can stay cheaper. I picked up a monster pro 2500. It's has two stage powering which is nice too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get one that has a sequenced power staging. I am not sure that they have fixed the pop when it turns on/off with the XL but, people get pissed that they cannot turn their whole rack on/off and not get a nice POP out of their monitors. This option really makes it easy...

-Nate

Furman makes some great power conditioners. They have way affordable ones that do the job plenty fine, but also have ones more expensive that do some cooler stuff.
To me, a power conditioner is a power conditioner. As long as my gear doesn't blow up and it sounds great, I'm happy, haha.

Back
Top Bottom