Pre-amp vs power amp distortion in AxeFxII

A bit of a diversion, but to anyone who's been playing a long time (15+ years), and doesn't much like real OD pedals (as I didn't) with my physical amps, please get out there and try the latest "boutique" designs.
They have improved massively. Many know this already of course.

E.g. the Ceriatone trainwreck Express gets too fizzy for me with stock valves, instead I use an Ecc82 as the PI, what a difference!
Changing a tube change the circuit. An ACC82 draw more current (lower voltage), has another gain, resistance an transconductance. So one experienced builder should be able to tweak resistor and cap in any amp to make and ECC83 to sound like a ECC82.

Personally I couldn't care less whether there will be tube swap page since EVeryTHING is just attack, decay, sustain, release-EQ-and gain properties.
I agree. But. Most user prefer to have a single friendly parameter (tube type) instead of multiple parameters (attack, decay, sustain, release-EQ-and gain properties).

Changing a tube change the circuit. An ACC82 draw more current (lower voltage), has another gain, resistance an transconductance. So one experienced builder should be able to tweak resistor and cap in any amp to make and ECC83 to sound like a ECC82.
I agree. But. Most user prefer to have a single friendly parameter (tube type) instead of multiple parameters (attack, decay, sustain, release-EQ-and gain properties).

Sounds good, we would need th ephase inverter modelled separately to do that trick though

Back
Top Bottom