Prayers and good vibes needed

WKSmith

Power User
I have been on the wait list since the April announcement. I need the FM3 more now than ever.

My slk got rear ended today with my 2 teles, pedalboard, and BadCat in the trunk.

My 8yr old walked away with 2 bandaids... I wasn't so lucky though.

My left thumb was bent out at a strange angle. It was dislocated and the joint has a deep fracture. And the airbag did quite a number on my face.

The Mercedes and my rig are a total loss. I believe in the way the amp exploded, it absorbed much of the impact, and shielded my most treasured thing in the world.

So .... I'm gonna need a new rig. and when I'm through with the fools that did this , an AxeFx III is is order.

But now, more than ever, With a busted thumb and a pile of shows booked.. I need that FM3!

I'm not even going to try to replace tubes and pedals.

My busted Thumb ...maybe lol

It really hurts! Tried to sit in with the band tonight and probably made it a little worse. Gonna be a rough road back.

Attachments

• 94BBA6CE-AA9E-4813-A643-F8324D45C52B.png
    94BBA6CE-AA9E-4813-A643-F8324D45C52B.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 217
  • 5A9188CA-779D-404E-909B-3801F10194B5.jpeg
    5A9188CA-779D-404E-909B-3801F10194B5.jpeg
    343.4 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:
Wow, You got tagged hard. So glad you came through with relatively minor injuries. Looking at the damage to the car it would seem otherwise. Of course that's easy for me to say but your thumb will heal and gear can be replaced. That 8 year old treasure being safe is what truly counts,

You will love the III. :)

Counting my blessings tonight.
I had an awesome friend cover the gig tonight.

TinkerBug is unscathed and home with mama

But man what a day

Thank you my brothers
Can't wait to be plugging something into my fractal rig(s)

Here are the teles that got smashed up today . Sad moment for the tone universe for sure

Attachments

• DACE2327-2D3D-4DA8-BF0B-B08F89AA99BE.jpeg
    DACE2327-2D3D-4DA8-BF0B-B08F89AA99BE.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 111
I have been on the wait list since the April announcement. I need the FM3 more now than ever.

My slk got rear ended today with my 2 teles, pedalboard, and BadCat in the trunk.

My 8yr old walked away with 2 bandaids... I wasn't so lucky though.

My left thumb was bent out at a strange angle. It was dislocated and the joint has a deep fracture. And the airbag did quite a number on my face.

The Mercedes and my rig are a total loss. I believe in the way the amp exploded, it absorbed much of the impact, and shielded my most treasured thing in the world.

So .... I'm gonna need a new rig. and when I'm through with the fools that did this , an AxeFx III is is order.

But now, more than ever, With a busted thumb and a pile of shows booked.. I need that FM3!

I'm not even going to try to replace tubes and pedals.

My busted Thumb ...maybe lol

It really hurts! Tried to sit in with the band tonight and probably made it a little worse. Gonna be a rough road back.
Bummer dude, thankfully your kid wasn't hurt, that's the main thing, Hopefully your thumb will heal up soon... Toni Iommi kept going right?

I had three car accidents in my life that were really dangerous. It's always a shock. Hope you can shake it off quickly.

Teaches us what is most important, doesn't it? Glad you and your kid are alive and healthy, that's all that really counts. God had an eye on you there. The Fractal will be there in due time and make your playing and gigging life happier again.

Stay safe and wish you a speedy recovery!

Good luck. Get your neck looked at, to make sure you have no soft tissue damage there. I got rear-ended a lot less forcefully than that in 1992, and didn't get my neck looked at, and it's not been right since.
I'm not typically one to say "lawyer up", but get a lawyer. They'd be all over this one. Your neck may not start hurting for a week or so. I hit a cow last October and totaled my Ram 1500 4x4. Didn't think much of it at the time, but my neck and lower back are jacked up as a result of the impact. At least talk to a lawyer.

I'm not typically one to say "lawyer up", but get a lawyer. They'd be all over this one. Your neck may not start hurting for a week or so. I hit a cow last October and totaled my Ram 1500 4x4. Didn't think much of it at the time, but my neck and lower back are jacked up as a result of the impact. At least talk to a lawyer.
Better call Saul! :D

First off I'm glad your son is ok. Sorry about that hand though. But as someone who also got hit in 93, I never got my neck checked right away either and it was well after I found out I had 3 broken vertebrae. The last few years I've been in a lot of pain and my life was never the same after that accident. Get both of you checked as much as possible. Best of luck with everything else.

Good luck. I broke my fretting hand pinkie a couple years ago. The doc told me it's a good thing I play guitar. I healed pretty fast.

I was going to say, "the thumb angle doesn't look bad..." but I tried with my thumb and nope, that joint isn't supposed to bend that way. Ouch. Hope the coming weeks are OK for you and your child.

Wow. Thank you for the reminder to count my blessings over here. Glad your kiddo's ok. Other users have said it correct: Everything else is replaceable.

Back
Top Bottom