• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Practice

UnsungHeroGuitars

Fractal Fanatic
Hee hee... I like that!

I did a little recording session for someone at the start of the week - just one 4.5 minute track, lead melody all the way through and it was a piece I didn't know - just had to learn it from the writer's original synth lines. I've played purely live stuff for so many years now that I had almost forgotten how different it was to be hitting the 'red button'...

I noticed that it definitely sharpened my playing! I guess it's the links between hands, eyes and brain which get exercised..? It's not something you can identify as such, you're just aware that it's there :)

Trouble is, I need to find time to keep that up... without getting rockjaw!

Ben Randolph

Power User
Lately I've been laying down chord progressions in my looper and soloing, then playing myself back. Listening to yourself is very eye-opening. It's a great practice tool.

Top Bottom