PowerStage Patch Example Needed

GtarGreg

Inspired
Hi ya'all!

I'm hoping you can help. I have a Seymour Duncan PowerStage and a standard cab. I love the JCM800 amp as my go-to classic rocker. I also want to run direct FOH. Can someone post an example patch for this config?

Notes: I've split the signal before the cab and noted to turn off spkr drv and comp in the amp block. My effects are in the front of the amp, including reverb. The trick is, I used to adjust the speaker block to level my patches (1-clean 2-crunch 3-higain 4-(over the top)). I used Scene controller 1 for the input drive and Scene controller 2 for speaker volume/output.

How might I acheive the same type setup with the split? My attempt is attached #FAIL. LOL

Thanks.

Greg

Hey Fractal, I'm eagerly awaiting my FM3!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-09-22 at 7.53.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-22 at 7.53.51 PM.png
    500.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
I don't really know if it is intended, but typically you are putting Phaser, Rotary, Filter, Delay, Chorus and Delay behind the amp block, since they are creating additional frequency components/signal components, which affect your amp tone. You can go by the rule "if I would put it in the FX Loop of my real amp, I am putting it behind the amp block".
No rule without exception: Delay in front of the amp gives a classic 80s delay tone, and a slightly distorted reverb may be also interesting.

As for your question:
Basically you get it right. Using the FX Loop will output your "no IR signal" to the Powerstage. As for the leveling - I have usually done it using the Amp-Block and, if necessary, a filter block.
Another option might be running dual mono, with one channel hard panned to the cab signal, the other hard panned to the non-ir signal, and "Copy Out1 --> Out2" option enabled.

Since I gave my AX8 our other guitarist, I cannot post a preset here, but with my mad Paint skillz, I rearranged the blocks a little bit:
1600836500930.png

Back
Top Bottom