Powerline network interference

P

plexi59

Does anyone else run a powerline network in their house? I hooked up a pair of 300mbps adapters, and now I get "galloping horse" EMI pattern coming out of the speakers when I fire up my Mesa Mark V. AxeFX is unaffected, possibly because it's hooked up to a Furman, which in turn is hooked up to an APC UPS.

It's not easy for me to hook up the Boogie to the Furman to test (it's bolted into the rack). I was wondering if anyone has any experience with EMI from powerline adapters? I do really like stable 80+ mbps connection speeds, and I do really like my Mark V.

Does anyone else run a powerline network in their house? I hooked up a pair of 300mbps adapters, and now I get "galloping horse" EMI pattern coming out of the speakers when I fire up my Mesa Mark V. AxeFX is unaffected, possibly because it's hooked up to a Furman, which in turn is hooked up to an APC UPS.

It's not easy for me to hook up the Boogie to the Furman to test (it's bolted into the rack). I was wondering if anyone has any experience with EMI from powerline adapters? I do really like stable 80+ mbps connection speeds, and I do really like my Mark V.

Bit the bullet and connected it through the Furman. Go figure — interference is completely gone.

I figured. I use power line adapters in my man cave but I also use a Furman P1800 PF R and have zero noise. In fact, the Furman sweetened up the sound of my buddies Budda Twin Master that I borrowed; the sound between regular wall power and the Furman was like night and day.

Back
Top Bottom