Powering MFC with battery

pauliusmm

Fractal Fanatic
can i use something like this :
9V%20to%20Barrel%20Jack%20Adapter.JPG

to power MFC with a 9 volt battery (say 600 mah) ?

I remember reading Cliffs post somewhere that MFC CAN be powered with a battery, will need to search for that thread...

Here is the essential post:
FractalAudio said:
The MFC can actually be run on DC (the supply section is a switching converter). Power consumption is actually pretty good. With all LEDs on the consumption should be less than 500 mA.

If you were to use NiMH you would need 8-10 cells (9.6V - 12V). For any decent amount of capacity that would be a big pack.

If you don't mind the expense you could use a single LiPo battery pack. For about $70 you can get a 3000 mAH, 3S pack (approx 12V). That would last around 6-10 hours. You would need a special charger.

Also, you could buy a small UPS and set it next to your pedalboard. Just make that you can turn off the alarm that sounds when the power is out (or take apart the case and unplug the speaker).

yeah, the mfc, while pretty low-power, run off a battery will still require you to charge at some point. it's really not worth it, honestly. if you have to have a midi cable to the axe, you might as well have phantom power anyway. it's a no-brainer imo.

phantom power is great , but i was just thinking about a workaround when using midi merger, but i guess the wisest way is to buy a 7 to 5 pin cable then

yeah, the mfc, while pretty low-power, run off a battery will still require you to charge at some point. it's really not worth it, honestly. if you have to have a midi cable to the axe, you might as well have phantom power anyway. it's a no-brainer imo.
Eh, that plus wireless MIDI might be cool if you're trying to keep a super-clean stage. The extra bulk might be ugly enough to defeat the "clean stage" purpose, though, depending on how you mount all of it.

Eh, that plus wireless MIDI might be cool if you're trying to keep a super-clean stage. The extra bulk might be ugly enough to defeat the "clean stage" purpose, though, depending on how you mount all of it.

You read my mind. As soon as I read the post earlier I started trying to come up with some way to combine battery power with wireless MIDI so that I could become a millionare.

Then I remembered that like 3 people would probably be interested in buying it. ;)

Then I remembered that like 3 people would probably be interested in buying it.

The way to sell things that musicians don't want is to call it a 'group buy'

I'm busy inventing a special harddrive for musicians where they can put their 'group buy' software and it can easily be stored in the loft.

can i use something like this :
9V%20to%20Barrel%20Jack%20Adapter.JPG

to power MFC with a 9 volt battery (say 600 mah) ?

lemme take a wild guess - you are Russian, right?
People here always get those wild ideas of putting mercedes engine into Lada or sipping diesel into gasoline-powered car and even trying to turn a rabbit into carnivore.

Why in the hell would you try to change something if it works perfectly the way it is now?

Why in the hell would you try to change something if it works perfectly the way it is now?

because something that works for someone with his setup, will not work for others with different setup.
You are not helping by calling me Russian or anything else.
It was a simple question, which was answered.

Digging up an old topic here. Prices have come way down on battery packs so I thought I'd bring it up again. Was thinking about running midi I/O via BT with something like the Yamaha MD-BT01, but then I'd still have that pesky power cable. Anyone run the MFC-101 off something like THIS to go for a completely wireless pedalboard?

Back
Top Bottom