Powering down?

Ericaw

Hi everyone.
Is it safe to power down the Axe FX III by switching off the power strip on which the Axe FX is connected or could it damage the unit?
Do I have to use the On/Off switch on the front panel?
Thank you!
Eric

Been doing it via power conditioner power button on my Axe Fx II since 2013... No problems. Either way removes power to the internal power supply.

All the off on button does is turning off on the power. It does no difference at all, where that is done.

I remembered reading it in the forum. More than 1 thread. The thread above is one thread, but not the one I read. It noted that the 3 had done something new to reduce the popping of the speaker when powering it off...and because of that...Hinted that it wouldn't really hurt it. But did recommend you power the unit direct using the unit... and generally power off the monitors first.

I remembered reading it in the forum. More than 1 thread. The thread above is one thread, but not the one I read. It noted that the 3 had done something new to reduce the popping of the speaker when powering it off...and because of that...Hinted that it wouldn't really hurt it. But did recommend you power the unit direct using the unit... and generally power off the monitors first.
Cliff stated it... maybe didn't say to power off monitor first.

Powering up/down a monitor speaker is different than powering up/down the Axe

Doesn’t matter if your use a power strip or the physical switch, your monitors can “pop” and then can be harmful to them, but doesn’t affect the Axe

Geez, classic internet for ya, a bit of a half truth, out of context, repeated as fact lol

Cliff definitely has an opinion about what he would do..... power the unit on/off using the units power switch. Whether or not it completely neccessary is another thing. He has stated the reasons why its unnecessary, and stated his opinion to use the axe to turn it on off.

Why does it have an on off switch? It's there for you to use it. It wasnt put there to assist with folks who wont be using power strips and conditioner and have no option to power up the unit without using the power switch.

Not sure if I would argue too deeply about being lazy, or too irritated to be able to go thru more than 1 simple step. You should do that, that, that then that. Don't worry, if your too tired to do all that... sure it doesn't really matter. You don't have to be a purist

Cliff definitely has an opinion about what he would do..... power the unit on/off using the units power switch. Whether or not it completely neccessary is another thing. He has stated the reasons why its unnecessary, and stated his opinion to use the axe to turn it on off.

Why does it have an on off switch? It's there for you to use it. It wasnt put there to assist with folks who wont be using power strips and conditioner and have no option to power up the unit without using the power switch.

Not sure if I would argue too deeply about being lazy, or too irritated to be able to go thru more than 1 simple step. You should do that, that, that then that. Don't worry, if your too tired to do all that... sure it doesn't really matter. You don't have to be a purist
Did you read the quoted posts? He explicitly said it doesn't matter.
The front panel power switch simply breaks the connection between the hot lead of the rear power jack and the power supply. With the exception of the external ground connection, it is no different than unplugging the cable. Killing the power via the front panel switch or with a power strip makes no difference at all.

This is the correct answer.

There's another comment to a question within a thread. He definitely had the opinion of using the units on off button. He has multiple opinions probably but more so has mentioned it doesn't matter.

So, I guess it's not a Fractal recommendation... but it's my rendition and interpretation of "the mans" personal opinion.... not in general context, but specifically.

The best way to promote the unit is to promote that design and engineering has taken care of these concerns internally and it's not a concern. Otherwise it would open up more concerns of why it doesn't. So it's a loaded question to begin with..imo.

My power conditioner has a voltage meter. I turn it on first and wait a second for the meter to stabilize. There usually is a small change from initial start up. None of that matters really, except in my own mind, do feel better about taking better care of the unit.

I think in most cases.. any electronics unit you have in the house, or lights... being hooked into power strips with multiple devices...etc. You leave the power strip on, and turn the devices on and off individually.

There's another comment to a question within a thread. He definitely had the opinion of using the units on off button. He has multiple opinions probably but more so has mentioned it doesn't matter.

So, I guess it's not a Fractal recommendation... but it's my rendition and interpretation of "the mans" personal opinion.... not in general context, but specifically.

The best way to promote the unit is to promote that design and engineering has taken care of these concerns internally and it's not a concern. Otherwise it would open up more concerns of why it doesn't. So it's a loaded question to begin with..imo.

My power conditioner has a voltage meter. I turn it on first and wait a second for the meter to stabilize. There usually is a small change from initial start up. None of that matters really, except in my own mind, do feel better about taking better care of the unit.

I think in most cases.. any electronics unit you have in the house, or lights... being hooked into power strips with multiple devices...etc. You leave the power strip on, and turn the devices on and off individually.
Most devices plugged into a power strip are because you need additional outlets or an extension from the wall...

Feel free to do what you want... But there is no benefit.

Back
Top Bottom