Powering Axe FX II and a rack unit wireless

TOXICANDY

Hi Fractal Community,

I'm currently planning my 3U rack case and I'm expecting to have:

2U occupied by the Axe-FX and;
1/2U occupied by a guitar wireless receiver.

Given that there are already two units in the rack, how would you reduce the number of plugs occupied on stage to only 1? Because the number of sockets available on stage can be limited sometimes...

What are your thoughts?

Currently I'm thinking of having a power stripe or some kind of ac power distributor in the rack but then tend to be either 110V or 230V, but I would prefer something that's 110V - 230V since I travel occasionally.

Thank you for your insights =)

Why not get a power conditioner? Furman makes great ones from $60-$300. They consolidate all the power needs to that 1U and then you have one wall wart to power your whole rack. They're essentially pedal board power supplies but for your rack.

Why not get a power conditioner? Furman makes great ones from $60-$300. They consolidate all the power needs to that 1U and then you have one wall wart to power your whole rack. They're essentially pedal board power supplies but for your rack.

I've considered Furman AC-215A (half rack power conditioner) as well, but it doesn't has variable voltage. It is either available in 120V or 220V instead of something like 110V - 230V.

Plug lock, at least your wall warts wont come unplugged.. or furman makes strips you can mount in the back.

Thanks. You mean the PlugLock-PFP, correct?
I can't find find any info about their voltages on the data sheet and manual from the Furman website.
Do you have any experience with using the same PlugLock in different countries, say UK/HK and US/Japan?

Conntek 05215 Y-Cable 6 inch + 8-Inch 1 to 2 Outlet Y Power Equalizer 5-15P to 2 C13 Computer/Monitor/Projector Power Cord Amazon product ASIN B001TP23EQ

This look like a simple and cheap solution :eek:
I came across something called "IEC travel adapter/ IEC plug adapter" in search as well and that's kind of interesting.
My only worry is that I'm not sure whether these things are safe to use =/

Assuming the 2 into 1 is built correctly (read reviews before buying), it would be exactly like plugging two different electronics into both plugs on an outlet. Should work fine.

I've considered Furman AC-215A (half rack power conditioner) as well, but it doesn't has variable voltage. It is either available in 120V or 220V instead of something like 110V - 230V.]

I have the furman ac215 1/2 rack unit and love it, because I wanted to make my rack as small as possible......

I actually had 2, so I'm selling one if you're interested, mine is for North America - 110volts

I've been keeping myself to a 3u rack as well. I am using this for my power needs right now. Not sure about the voltage specs but its a small solution that has

Thanks for your offer but I would like to pass the deal because I'm looking for something 110V - 230V switchable... :pensive::pensive::pensive:

By the way, I found some products from CIOKS (i.e. Big John and Schizophrenic) where they can attach an extra universal mains adapter on them... which, hypothetically, might enable me to power the fractal + wireless unit and possibly a few extra pedals.

If this can power the fractal unit, then it seems to fulfil the things that I'm looking for (i.e. 110V - 230V switch, and use only one socket in any venue to power my fractal + wireless) :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

Anyone has experience with using the universal mains adapter on CIOKS?

CIOKS-MAda-005.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom