Powered FRFR 4x12 cabinet?

Ant Music

Fractal Fanatic
I was wondering if anyone knows anyone who makes a powered FRFR cabinet in a traditional 4x12 configuration.

I was very impressed with the line6 Stage source L2T speakers which have some great features but the are pole mountable wedges. I am surprised that they aren't making them in a traditional cabinet format. Especially considering they do make other normal passive 4x12 cabinets. I would love to see something like that in a 4x12 format.

I've seen some powered 2x12 which looked good but massively expensive. :(

What would be the point other than looking cool on stage ?

I think a non-neo CLR type wedge is already enough of a PITA to carry around

Suppose you could get an empty 4x12 and just stick a FRFR cab into it if you really require the "stack" look

Fuuuuuck, that looks awesome!! This thread was from 5 years ago. It looks like they currently don't do active 2x12s but they seem open to custom options too. Too bad I'm in Australia....

Not quite 5 years ago... :) I built that towards the end of last year and have built a couple more since. They are beasts for sure! I could do a mono powered one for sure!

Sadly with you in Australia I'm not even sure I could ship it there and if so, shipping would probably cost as much as the cab! :-(

I can do mono active 2x12's though! :)

I have a 2x12 XiTone cab from Mick Farlow and it is hands down, the best frfr cabinet I have heard or personally played. Looks and feels like a regular guitar cab with the benefits of FRFR options... Simply cannot be beat IMHO...
The Line6 L2 is pretty killer for its size! I think they're a bit spendy and their features are a little overkill but a good offering nonetheless.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've seen AxeFx users do this IF your band has a truck...Roll with a dummy Marshall 412 cab and put the CLR on the floor in front of you. But if you have to haul it, yeah, that would be a PITA.

Back
Top Bottom