Powered cab users: What are you using?

I have used the Line6 Powercab 212+ at two gigs now - absolutely great, I could not be happier. Very expensive though.

I am about to order a Laney LFR-112.
Have heard many good things about them.

Atm I use a Dynacord AXM 12a.

I use Yamaha DXR12 in FRFR mode, they go a little deep, so I need often to cut a little in the low end. But excellent sound..

Yamaha DXR10. The low end is a bit much and I had to EQ the mids a bit in the global EQ settings but it gives me such a nice AITR feeling. Also works totally fine when used in the middle of the night at quiet volumes

Last edited:
I am the odd man out, I guess, running a CPS SpaceStation XL....
20200924_132521.jpg

I have a Mission Gemini 1BT. Thinking about getting another (without the Bluetooth). Really like the cab. Was wondering if anyone has ever mixed different cabs? Would a Freidman or Atomic (or whatever) make the sound weird?

I'd love to hear one of those in person. Had an early version, and the stereo effect is convincing up close. Just didn't have enough oomph. This one looks good on paper.
It gets plenty loud for a small gig or for a monitor on a big gig where you are sending a line to the PA for FOH. 700W total power, bass down to 55hz, 12" main speaker....

I have 2 Friedman ASC-10 cabs. I installed Fender tilt back arms on them and these are my monitors when at rehearsal or playing live. I had the ASM-10 before but it doesn’t sound as good as the ASC cabs.

Really happy with these and in stereo it is pure sonic bliss for me! They are small and easy to move around.

I am using the Presonus Air10’s. Still dialing them in but to my old ears they sound pretty good. Probably will sound a lot better once I learn how to build presets and scenes that don’t suck LOL

Friedman ASC-10 with CPS Spacestation....These two make 3D space widenning stereo sounds. It's really huge.
No one knows until he hear the sound by himself. ASC-10 is not rather boomy compared to it's big brother....

Friedman ASC-10 with CPS Spacestation....These two make 3D space widenning stereo sounds. It's really huge.
No one knows until he hear the sound by himself. ASC-10 is not rather boomy compared to it's big brother....
I often wonder what it would sound like to use the SpaceStation XL as the center speaker in a wet/dry/wet rig with a pair of good FRFR powered monitors to do the things that need a solid left/right-ness about them, and leave the SpaceStation to handle the flanges/choruses/phases/rotaries that it does so well....
:)

For a while in the '90s, I was running wet/dry/wet, but didn't have the budget for a trio of H&K Red Boxes and a little mixer to give FOH a simpler time. Some sound techs balked at throwing 3 mics up....

I recently got on board the FRFR train and picked up a Friedman ASC-10. It is very satisfying! Small and portable, suits my preferred "traditional" vibe that is ideal for my band situation. I go direct to FOH but still need a backline for stage fill. This way I get my full sound same as FOH, plus I can run my acoustic through it as well.

Sadly I haven't been able to use it for more than one gig (big stage/empty theatre) and one rehearsal so far. Doesn't have quite the same "gut punch" as a cranked power amp + cab but is pretty darn close.

Back
Top Bottom