Powered cab users: What are you using?

bigfoamfinger

Inspired
I'm leaning towards the powered cab option vs. power amp and traditional cab. Just curious about what you guys are using?

Looking at the Friedman ASC and Mission Gemini

57b25871aaec237e645f7304d92f87b4--snl-live-bill-hader.jpg

Friedman ASC-10 for me. I was using a Matrix FR12P and a GT1000FX power amp. I prefer the Friedman. I've got a 2nd one on reserve for me at the moment, just till I sell a couple of other pieces of gear then I can go stereo with them.

I've been using a pair of Friedman ASM-12's for a couple of years now. I've been pretty satisfied with them. FWIW, previously I grabbed a Mission Gemini II. I was extremely unimpressed with it........couldn't get it to sound good no matter what I did. In fact the QSC K 12s I had been using for a couple years before that sounded much better than the Gemini.

I use a pair of Atomic Active CLR Neo MkII wedges. FRFR has been a strange transition for me but I reckon it all comes down to EQ no matter what you buy...

I have 2 ASM12. Wish they made the cab style when I bought these as they take up a lot of space, but they sound huge, to me. I've used them with a Kemper as well and was always satisfied with the sound.

I recently acquired a Line 6 Powercab Plus 1x12. It sounds good to my ears. It can be used in FRFR mode or with its own built in speaker models. I've tried both ways and have gotten some really nice tones. There's also a 2x12 model that will let you run stereo with a single cab

I just bought 2 of the Headrush FRFR108's. They're a little on the boomy side, but easily eq'ed so that's not really an issue. I'm not completely happy, I'd like to get a pair of Atomic CLR's but they're kinda hard to find right now.

I had the powercab 112+, only sold it due to lack of use (basement). Bought it planning to jam more haha.

I have two of the Neo CLR and two of the Matrix Q12a. I like them all. However, recently picked up a Xitone Mbritt cab. I like it very much!

Back
Top Bottom