PowerAmp and Cab to FRFR

dharq

Inspired
so the story goes, I am playing in poweramp and cab mode with sim turned off using my matrix GT1600FX and 4x12 cab
all sounds great, but recording it in logic saved the no cab sim tone not what I hear from the cab, is there a way to add the cab sim to the
recording, my first thought is no .. but wondered .. with axe 3 mark 2

Just reamp, but use a CAB block instead of an AMP block.

Alternatively, Space Designer in Logic actually has an IR loader built in, so you can just run it through that if you have the IR as an appropriate file.

I guess you'll have to split the signal up in to out1 and out2 (or out3 or 4), as one will you listen to with your 4x12 cab, the other will go to a IR cab blok from Axe library. You will want to record the last one. Maybe first tjek the IR in headphones. If you want your sound from your physical cab 4x12, you need to use a microphone.

so the existing recording that is in logic, missing the cab sims I can export as 1,2 ? little foggy here on how to re add the cab sims

Create a simple preset that's just In 1, Cab block, and Out 1. Change your Input 1 source to Digital. Send the recording you have from your DAW via USB Outputs 5 and 6. Record the results in your DAW from USB Inputs 1 and 2.

If your recording has stereo effects, make sure your cab block is set to Stereo input mode and you set it up with cabs for each side panned accordingly to maintain the stereo image.

Back
Top Bottom