Power up issue with FX8

MRH

I've had an original FX8 working well for 6 years now with regular use.

Upon powering up, I now see a blank, but fully illuminated display (solid green), and all LED indicators (inputs and outputs, etc.) are solid yellow.
See attached picture.
(Device is not working.)
  • I've tried multiple hard reboots, same result.
  • I've removed all cable connections, same result.
  • I've tried accessing the device with FX8 Edit via USB, device is not seen.
Does anyone have any insight into this?
Is there a "multiple button hold" sequence upon power up that can override this?

I'm guessing I have a catastrophic failure and need service or replacement.

Thanks for any guidance. I'm in need of a quick remedy, with multiple gigs coming up.

Attachments

• Fractal FX8 power up issue.JPG
    Fractal FX8 power up issue.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 6
From the wiki:

Emergency boot recovery​

FX8 — hold down SETUP and power the unit on. Hold the button for about 1 second beyond the power up, then release. The unit will now allow you to install firmware using Fractal-Bot

From the wiki:

Emergency boot recovery​

FX8 — hold down SETUP and power the unit on. Hold the button for about 1 second beyond the power up, then release. The unit will now allow you to install firmware using Fractal-Bot
Thanks for that. I spoke with Fractal Tech Support and tried just that. No luck. The device is on the way to the Fractal for repair.

Device was a "terminal" failure. Fractal offered a factory-refurb FX8MkII as a replacement for a good market price.

Wow. It's cool that they had one available. They've been out of production for years. May it serve you well.

Wow. It's cool that they had one available. They've been out of production for years. May it serve you well.
Thanks. It was a pleasant surprise. (I was already scanning Reverb.com for a replacement when the message from Fractal came.)

Back
Top Bottom