Power Twang Wanted

TaylorU

I'm currently away from my rig traveling on business and haven't had a chance to mess with Cygnus but with the better and more in-depth feel to the organic tones I want to hear someone match the Brad Paisley / power twang sound. If anyone has anything they want to share, I'm all about it. I am going to take a run at it when I get home. Can't wait to try out Cygnus!

I'd highly recommend listening to Andy Wood, he's one of the signature artists, and is a stunningly good player/picker.

In this video he just got his FM3 after using an FX3, copied his presets over, and is messing around as he talks to people. His country tones are probably what you'll call "power twang". He's definitely someone to follow.

Buy The Andy wood “ smokewagon”. Preset. I bought it and love it. Great country rock twang. It is in his website for like five bucks.
Buy that and the rest of his presets. They are good examples of getting good sound efficiently. His Van Halen patch is the one that impressed me that way.

I enjoy his videos; he talks about this and that all while tossing out killer riffs.

The axe fx3 pack is quite good. He does however throw some kind of filter over everything that makes it all sound like a blanket over it. I wish he hadn’t done that. If you manage to tweak the preset to take the blanket off you end up with fantastic presets. The smokewagon preset is great straight out of the box though.

The axe fx3 pack is quite good. He does however throw some kind of filter over everything that makes it all sound like a blanket over it. I wish he hadn’t done that. If you manage to tweak the preset to take the blanket off you end up with fantastic presets. The smokewagon preset is great straight out of the box though.
He talks about that country twang and snap in one of the vids or a QA
about the Brent Mason tone
and says a key ingredient is to scoop a lot of the 900khz freq out
and use a pedal comp in front of the amp

He talks about that country twang and snap in one of the vids or a QA
about the Brent Mason tone
and says a key ingredient is to scoop a lot of the 900khz freq out
and use a pedal comp in front of the amp
Not busting your chops, but get your numbers right if you're trying to communicate ;) 900 hz? 9khz? Go fish?

For twangy/powertwangy sounds I prefer the Suhr Bager 18 with the "Legacy #43 4x12 RECTO SM 57"-cab. It might sound strange - but I love it!
Alternately also the cabs User1 #529 in combination with the User1 #534 (Pan -50/50) are working fine for the Badger to twang imo.

I noticed that as well. They do sound great with headphones, but lesser so through my FRFR. Could you please give specifics? Is it as simple as turning off the filter block?

For twangy/powertwangy sounds I prefer the Suhr Bager 18 with the "Legacy #43 4x12 RECTO SM 57"-cab. It might sound strange - but I love it!
Alternately also the cabs User1 #529 in combination with the User1 #534 (Pan -50/50) are working fine for the Badger to twang imo.
I tried the Suhr 18 & 30 with my telecaster and it was a perfect combo. Thanks for the tip!

Back
Top Bottom