Power Supply AC Line Frequency

bread

Power User
Hello !

I was wondering if we should ask to have the Power Supply AC Line Frequency moved from the Amp Block Power Supply setting to a global setting because of the way it interacts with the new noise gate in the input block ?

I've played around with it and changed it for most of my amps from 60Hz to 50Hz because I'm in the UK but for those touring USA and Europe, this could be a handy feature to avoid changing all the amp block settings when travelling to different countries that have different line frequencies.

Just a thought ....

I remember reading this somewhere, I think from Cliff, that the line frequency needs to match the one in your country to get the benefits from the new noice gate - although I could be mistaken ...

Hello !

I was wondering if we should ask to have the Power Supply AC Line Frequency moved from the Amp Block Power Supply setting to a global setting because of the way it interacts with the new noise gate in the input block ?

I've played around with it and changed it for most of my amps from 60Hz to 50Hz because I'm in the UK but for those touring USA and Europe, this could be a handy feature to avoid changing all the amp block settings when travelling to different countries that have different line frequencies.

Just a thought ....

I remember reading this somewhere, I think from Cliff, that the line frequency needs to match the one in your country to get the benefits from the new noice gate - although I could be mistaken ...
My understanding is that the Power Supply AC Line Frequency relevant to the performance of the noise gates is set from the front panel; Setup-> Global Settings -> Bottom of the Config tab (AC Line Frequency).
OR: Axe Edit III; Setup -> Config (AC Line Frequency is found bottom right).
If I am correct the AC Line Frequency found in the "Pwr Supply" tab is only affecting the amp modelling, e.g. the ghost notes. I remember reading on the Axe Fx II Forum some years ago that the AC Line Frequency set in the "Pwr Supply" tab define the frequency of the ghost notes.

Edit - just found it:):
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...ply-type-and-ghost-notes.130281/#post-1544681

My understanding is that the Power Supply AC Line Frequency relevant to the performance of the noise gates is set from the front panel; Setup-> Global Settings -> Bottom of the Config tab (AC Line Frequency).
OR: Axe Edit III; Setup -> Config (AC Line Frequency is found bottom right).
If I am correct the AC Line Frequency found in the "Pwr Supply" tab is only affecting the amp modelling, e.g. the ghost notes. I remember reading on the Axe Fx II Forum some years ago that the AC Line Frequency set in the "Pwr Supply" tab define the frequency of the ghost notes.

Edit - just found it:):
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...ply-type-and-ghost-notes.130281/#post-1544681

Right ... got it :)

Thanks for the clarification.

Back
Top Bottom