Power Section modeled in the CAE 3+SE ...?

R.D.

Power User
I did a CAE 3+ search but didn't find what I was looking for ....

Does anyone remember what Power Amp section Cliff modeled ( EL-34's or 6L6's ) ?

Thanks ....

I could be wrong, but I remember their being some talk about that. I think the verdict was that it should have been an EL34 section, but that a 6L6 section is actually what the model is currently using. I think the comments were scattered between here and HRI. I believe the dialog was between Suhr and CC.

D

dk_ace said:
I could be wrong, but I remember their being some talk about that. I think the verdict was that it should have been an EL34 section, but that a 6L6 section is actually what the model is currently using. I think the comments were scattered between here and HRI. I believe the dialog was between Suhr and CC.

D

You are right, it was with the mesa 2:90.

Both those models sound very weird to me. Not bad...but just different than all the others. I can't put my finger on it. They have this crazy "American mesa sounding but with a marshall thing going on and with a blackface power section." I could go on.

Playing the lead channel with heavy rock settings always makes me feel weird. Like the tone is good but bad at the same time.

james... said:
Like the tone is good but bad at the same time.

:lol: Funnily enough, this is sorta how I use it. I get a similiar kind of feeling about a lot of fusiony tones I hear around... kinda like, "WTF tone is that?... I... :?... kinda like it? :| ". So the CAE lead is what I use for that.

Interesting to find out I'm not the only one thinking it has something unusual about it. :cool:

dk_ace said:

D

That's it ! When you mentioned HRI, I remembered it ....

Unfortunately, that's not what I was hoping for ....

I couldn't get myself to like it .. Never tried the real thing either ... May be with a right guitar it will come alive for me ?

What guitars do you guys use it with ?

Mik.

can't say i'm a fan of this one either

but i play mostly on the heavier side of things
good rock amp but not so good for metal type tones imo

Hi guys, I purchased my Axefx...based on direct comparisions with my CAA/4x4/Mixer and 2:90...with my Valley arts pro Emgs and my EB Luke with EMGs....I could almost match my preamp. This was before the CAE model came out...

Its a very realistic match to the 3+SE...

I've moved on to a few boogies and the hellbeast for leads which has been a revalation..

Back
Top Bottom