Power of the Global Output EQ: "Mr. Crowley" Live

bishop5150

Fractal Fanatic
Some video from our last show. This was an outside gig in La Marque, Texas. Humid and hot. PA was not great but I was able to overcome that thanks to the Output 1 Global EQ. I walked out front during sound check and listened to what frequencies needed tweaking and then went back to the unit and made the adjustments. No need to ask the soundman for anything and was able to get the sound I wanted. The Output Global EQ’s are extremely powerful tools. Such an amazing unit.

Sounds great as always. I enjoy watching your videos but I hope I get the chance to see your band play live sometime.

The Mr. Crowley solos are probably my favorite guitar solos in all of recorded music, and you really did them justice.

Nice work! As a note - I'm doing a benefit and one of the songs I was given was "Over the Mountain" - totally using your preset for it and it rocks - didn't tweak a thing on it! :) Peace!

Sounded great for an outdoor gig. Nice improv on the solo. I can't play it quite that fast without losing articulation. This makes me want to go revisit my AX8 and figure some things out because your low end and midrange cut are pretty darned good.

Sounded great for an outdoor gig. Nice improv on the solo. I can't play it quite that fast without losing articulation. This makes me want to go revisit my AX8 and figure some things out because your low end and midrange cut are pretty darned good.
I basically use the same amp settings I used on my real 5153 amp. I use 2 stock EVH IR’s and do a frown type EQ curve on the Global Output EQ. The soundman tried to give me a scooped type tone so I bumped up the mids quite a bit in the Global Output EQ to get them back.

Last edited:
I basically use the same amp settings I used on my real 5153 amp. I use 2 stock EVH IR’s and do a frown type EQ curve on the Global Output EQ. The soundman tried to give me a scooped type tone so I bumped up the mids quite a bit in the Global Output EQ to get them back.

Do you run flat to your monitor rig? - ASM and XiTones?

I use Global Output EQ 2 for those. I use a very similar frown EQ curve on those as well but it varies from venue to venue. I generally don’t make any changes to what I send to FOH but in this instance the guy really was not a sound guy and had my channel EQ’ed for a mic’ed cab amp setup so I had to take matters into my own hand.

Back
Top Bottom