Power Distribution panel with switches

Dunconia

Inspired
Is there a good rack mountable panel with switches that I can use to switch gear on/off? I’ve seen some inexpensive ones but I’m concerned about putting expensive gear power through it. Any suggestions for this type of setup for a home studio?

Example:

Amazon product ASIN B0002GL50Q

If you use a PowerCon connector, twisting to unlock and remove the power cable from the panel turns off the power with a mechanical system that is similar to a simple, mechanical switch.

If you use a PowerCon connector, twisting to unlock and remove the power cable from the panel turns off the power with a mechanical system that is similar to a simple, mechanical switch.
I was hoping for something cleaner that I could mount in the rack of a desk like the example, but good build quality. Essentially, I want to centralize on/off switches like a circuit breaker panel.

I was hoping for something cleaner that I could mount in the rack of a desk like the example, but good build quality. Essentially, I want to centralize on/off switches like a circuit breaker panel.
Put a Furman rack mount power strip in one spot?

Put a Furman rack mount power strip in one spot?
Confused. The purpose is to gain access to on/off switches to individual devices in one place. Surge protection can be addressed separately.

For instance, I would like to switch on/off each:

1. Spot pro CS-7 for pedal power
2. 2 x Headrush 108’s
3. Keyboard
4. Midi interface maybe (probably could be left on without much power draw)
5. Lighting
6. Synths

Something like that.

Confused. The purpose is to gain access to on/off switches to individual devices in one place. Surge protection can be addressed separately.

For instance, I would like to switch on/off each:

1. Spot pro CS-7 for pedal power
2. 2 x Headrush 108’s
3. Keyboard
4. Midi interface maybe (probably could be left on without much power draw)
5. Lighting
6. Synths

Something like that.
Why don't you just use that American DJ thing you linked to? That does exactly what you need. It's wires and switches. You've got shitter wires between the power station and your house.

You're overthinking this.

It’s cheap enough to try. I’m just hoping cheap doesn’t mean point of risk for failure or damage to equipment. That’s a genuine concern.

Is there a good rack mountable panel with switches that I can use to switch gear on/off? I’ve seen some inexpensive ones but I’m concerned about putting expensive gear power through it. Any suggestions for this type of setup for a home studio?

Example:

Amazon product ASIN B0002GL50Q
Don't sweat the low price. It's just a box with power switches in it, which is exactly what you're looking for. :)

Don't sweat the low price. It's just a box with power switches in it, which is exactly what you're looking for. :)
Thanks! That’s all I’m looking for. I’m planning on plugging it into a high quality surge protector to protect equipment. I read one review about the switches failing and wondered if there was something better. I also want to make sure that I’m not setting myself up for a surge hazard. I figure if I have a strong surge protector after the outlet and before this unit, that should protect everything. Sanity check?

Thanks! That’s all I’m looking for. I’m planning on plugging it into a high quality surge protector to protect equipment. I read one review about the switches failing and wondered if there was something better.
Switches can fail. When they do, your gear is either always on or always off. You'll notice right away. :) Neither situation is a hazard.

I also want to make sure that I’m not setting myself up for a surge hazard. I figure if I have a strong surge protector after the outlet and before this unit, that should protect everything. Sanity check?
Sane. 👍

Back
Top Bottom