Not a Bug Power Cycle triggered default settings?

guitarfreak365

Inspired
Yesterday I finalized my presets right before practice and everything was great as usual. Right when I got to my practice, when i turned my AX8 on, some settings switched to the default. All of the foot switches changed from what I set them to. Also some setting like the large display time and the disabling of holding for X/Y was change to default. I've tried to think of what it could be and the only thing I can think of is how I power the AX8 on. I've heard a lot of people say you can power it on with a power strip vs. the actual button on the back. That's what I've been doing and sometimes I even keep the power switch on and just plug or un plug. Used the AX8 daily for month months and this is the only problem I've had. Has anyone heard of this issue before or know if its tied to power cycling or if not what it is connected to?

I don’t think it’s triggered by powering on, but rather by powering off. It’s been communicated in the past that turning the device off too quickly after having made adjustments, can result in damaging the system data. And that makes the AX8 revert to default setup settings.

I don’t think it’s triggered by powering on, but rather by powering off. It’s been communicated in the past that turning the device off too quickly after having made adjustments, can result in damaging the system data. And that makes the AX8 revert to default setup settings.

That's very helpful Yek! I really appreciate the reply! I'll be more mindful after making changes and powering off.

Back
Top Bottom