Power Conditioner Alternative?

pjrake

Inspired
Trying to fit everything to a 4U space rack but really can't, unless I use a 6U. So, of all the things I currently have, my power conditioner could be the one thing I can "take out." What are some alternatives to plugging everything on a rack? Was thinking of getting a power strip and drill it on the side, or something along those lines.

Anyone here has done something similar or have any suggestions? Thanks!!!

-PJ

Any chance there is room to just screw the power conditioner in the back of the rack instead of the front? Just a thought.

Trying to fit everything to a 4U space rack but really can't, unless I use a 6U. So, of all the things I currently have, my power conditioner could be the one thing I can "take out." What are some alternatives to plugging everything on a rack? Was thinking of getting a power strip and drill it on the side, or something along those lines.

Anyone here has done something similar or have any suggestions? Thanks!!!

-PJ

I've been wrestling with the same problem, trying to fit things into a smaller AND lighter rack. The Furman I currently use is 12lbs and I was looking at a Tripplite product for surge protection. I was thinking of velcroing one of the following to either the side or bottom.

DG115-SI | Tripp Lite
ISOBAR6ULTRAHG | Tripp Lite

Terry.

Would that ISO Tripp Lite protect the gear from venues with shoddy electrical the same as the Monster Power Pro 2500 (which is what I currently have). From what I read it looks like it does, but just wanted to double-check.

If so, then I'm def ditching the Monster Pro and getting this (I saw a 4 plug version which is smaller... and cheaper!)

Thanks!!!

-PJ

Based on the replies I'd say reading up on the difference between power conditioners, surge protectors and voltage regulators is in order for many.

Would that ISO Tripp Lite protect the gear from venues with shoddy electrical the same as the Monster Power Pro 2500 (which is what I currently have). From what I read it looks like it does, but just wanted to double-check.

If so, then I'm def ditching the Monster Pro and getting this (I saw a 4 plug version which is smaller... and cheaper!)

I would have to do some digging and reading to properly answer your question and even then, I would hesitate to give you a yes/no answer. One thing I did notice in a quick check is that the Monster Pro supports a sequenced start-up. It's nice to be able to start up an active wedge, or the power amp driving your monitors, last.

Terry.

Back
Top Bottom