Power Cable for Axe FX II

rrogers

Inspired
I mixed up several of my ac power cables for various units while moving. I know it probably doesn't matter which cable I use with which unit, but I obsess over these little things.

Does anyone have a pic or know of any identifying markers (labeling, etc.) of the power cable for the Axe II?

Thanks

Here ya go, the Quantum Purifier Power Cord:

Bybee Technologies | Power and Room Products

This is a joke, isn't it? A power cable for $1499???!!! :eek:
But it may be worth the money, when it does this:

"This power cord produces a holographic sound effect unlike any other on the market. It delivers a perfect tonal balance from top to bottom, and a larger, more focused soundstage. Details and harmonics are present at an extraordinary level, absent any harshness. Accompanied with a deeper, tighter bass, these power cords are guaranteed to please even the most demanding of listeners."

Any volunteers to test this cable? You have a 30-DAY RETURN GUARANTEE! :lol

This is a joke, isn't it? A power cable for $1499???!!! :eek:
But it may be worth the money, when it does this:

"This power cord produces a holographic sound effect unlike any other on the market. It delivers a perfect tonal balance from top to bottom, and a larger, more focused soundstage. Details and harmonics are present at an extraordinary level, absent any harshness. Accompanied with a deeper, tighter bass, these power cords are guaranteed to please even the most demanding of listeners."

Any volunteers to test this cable? You have a 30-DAY RETURN GUARANTEE! :lol

Just do a Google search on Audiophile Cables and you will be shocked. Pure insanity.

Cables, huh.

They actually sell wooden blocks (claiming that that's some special wood with unique characteristics, of course) to put on the floor so that hanging cables don't touch that floor. Several hundred dollars each block.

So if you have noticed that your sound is kinda off, you now know what to do.

Don't thank me.

If you use a new power cable, just make sure you give it time to properly break in or your tone will suffer. That's why I only use vintage power cables. I also purchased a line filter that only lets the older, warmer-sounding electrons into the amp.

(Man, I really wanted to say "... or you're tone will suffer".)

I am hearing a definite different with each power cable, but they do vary slightly in length. Strangely, the longer power cables do not appear to introduce any additional latency.

If I want to post clips for folks to hear the differences and provide feedback, can I post them to this thread, or should I use the clips sub-forum?

I'm afraid that it's not a joke. After a little research, you can find the product in some online stores, there are also reviews and there are even other manufacturers who do the same stuff. Like here:
Georg Simon Ohm would probably die laughing if he weren't already dead.

Back
Top Bottom