Power amp that keeps stereo image of input ...

dantahoua

Hello!
I just discover something that, while not being a problem, is I think at least a small hole for very specific use of the FM3.
When I want to play silently with my real amp, I plug all my stuff BUT the stereo FX return of the amp is sent to the Inputs 2 of the FM3.

So I use the preamp of my Bogner amp, my pedalboard and my switcher. It allows me to prepare all my switching while listening to a quiet volume.

BUT, I use two amp, the Fx return go to the Bogner and to another amp, I use a lot of stereo effects.

In the FM3, I use the Tube-Pre for that purpose of playing silently and emulated a power tube amp but I just realize the Tube-Pre (like all other amp module) is mono. So it break my stereo image... :(
When I bypass the amp block, the stereo is back (my cab block is stereo), but now I lack a decent "power amp" sim.

Maybe Fractal could add a stereo "only power amp" at least for those who want to use just the power amp like me for working, or at least allow to put two "tube-pre" on the layout.

It's the only downside I found. Note that i'm not complaining of amp block being mono, just this one in particular as it as a different use...

Can you re-arrange your effects order get your guitar amp into input 1, and all stereo effects inside the stereo loop of the FM3?

I guess on the full 3 you could either use two amps in stereo to solve this, or use the additional inputs an loops to more easily rearrange your effects to cover everything.

Can you re-arrange your effects order get your guitar amp into input 1, and all stereo effects inside the stereo loop of the FM3?

I guess on the full 3 you could either use two amps in stereo to solve this, or use the additional inputs an loops to more easily rearrange your effects to cover everything.
Not really, the purpose here is to not have to unplug anything or almost from my working pedalboard... But I can live with the mono or by bypassing the amp block, it's just for working late at night. :)

But I think the suggestion to have at least one stereo power amp block or something like that would be great. :)

Put your stereo effects after the Amp block. Works great. :)

Last edited:
Put your stere effects after the Amp block. Works great. :)
I know, I do that with my Zoia and it's perfect. But here the purpose is just to simple plug the output of my board after going through my real amp preamp, no wire noodling. :)
Zoia after an amp block in stereo is amazing with the FM3 !!!

Just a question:
Do you need the power amp modeling? Maybe just drop it altogether? To me, it sounds like you are only using this setup for configuration purposes :)

Just a question:
Do you need the power amp modeling? Maybe just drop it altogether? To me, it sounds like you are only using this setup for configuration purposes :)
Yes exactly, that's what I did, I just used the cab block in the end and the sound was good for working. :) But you know how guitarists are... ;) Always want more... :p Ah ah!

Back
Top Bottom