power amp poll

which power amp do you use ? if any

• Total voters

rectifier

Inspired
just getting a feel of whats going on out there..thanks for any input. if you use other just list it as well..i know what some of you guys are using.

rectifier said:
just getting a feel of whats going on out there..thanks for any input. if you use other just list it as well..i know what some of you guys are using.

are you anti -tube ??? ;)

incoming VHT 2/50/2 to power my incoming Ultra :lol:

QSC PLX1104 user here driving ported stereo guitar cab.
Power to spare, almost the same same size as the AxeFx, lightweight.
I love it.

nah, im not anti tube, been a mesa player for 15 years..i figure if i can get the same desired effect from solid state, i can leave the weight,cost and glitchy performance of a tube power amp behind. ;)

Carvin DCM 1540L

Super accurate replication of your sounds, with little or no coloration.... TONS of headroom....Super quiet, only 15 lbs.

Carvin DCm600 and VHT 2/90/2 user here ... works great either way with appropriate settings of course,

Mik.

rectifier said:

The one thing that should be considered in your pole info is rack space... My guess is that might have been a factor for the ART users with the given power to weight ratio they have, I know it was for me. For the space the Carvin DCM 150 was just not enough hence the SLA-2. If I didn't have the restriction on space I would have looked at Carvin or better yet Crest Audio or Crown and a host of others for SS poweramps. Tube power would have been VHT hands down.

Sixstring said:
The one thing that should be considered in your pole info is rack space... My guess is that might have been a factor for the ART users with the given power to weight ratio they have, I know it was for me. For the space the Carvin DCM 150 was just not enough hence the SLA-2. If I didn't have the restriction on space I would have looked at Carvin or better yet Crest Audio or Crown and a host of others for SS poweramps. Tube power would have been VHT hands down.

Yeah I ended up getting the SLA-2. The 1RU Carvin is far less powerful. I saw a couple other power amps that were 1RU and most of them didn't even have a fan, so they would probably overheat and shut off in an outdoor gig in the summer.
The ART sounds very good. I probably would have bought a Carvin if I had another rack space to spare.

I did notice something weird though. It seems quieter than the vetta power amp, which is rated at 150 watts per side, and yet ART lists it as 200 watts per side. Very strange. Of course, I never even used 1/4 of the volume available on the Vetta. So I should be ok.

Back
Top Bottom