Power Amp modeling on and off live

Ibanezguy88

Hello everyone!

So I had a quick run in Japan using the AX8 and the ISP stealth for a small fly rig that worked very well.
But one day I left my power amp in my bag at one of our hotels, resulting in using the club's amp for power.
The way I route my patches, I have a feed going to FOH with power amp modeling on and since my power
amp is Solid State, no worries there. Now with a tube amp in the picture, most guys would turn power amp modeling
off in the global settings to avoid mixing the sound of the tube amp with the modeling.

So my question to everyone is, what's the best option for you guys out there who do run a tube power amp, but also send
a FOH/ in ear signal for live scenarios? Or would it be an idea to send to the wish list for the axe III and up since the AX8 is done,
for some way to have the power amp modeling off in a block that's being sent to a tube amp, but keeping it on for the direct sound path.
Other option I only see is putting a mic to cab but we want to avoid this so we can use our IR's.

I got a snapshot of my preset, with the fx loop going into the power amp.

Attachments

• Live rig snip.PNG
    Live rig snip.PNG
    259.9 KB · Views: 13
The direct signal absolutely requires PA Modeling, so you should never turn that off.

Back
Top Bottom