Power amp for Yamaha NS10s and Auratones

Would Yamaha A100 be a good choice to power all 4 speakers? 2 NS10s and 2 Auratones 5Cs

The NS10's are rated at 50watts and the Auratones are rated at 60watts.
That Yamaha A100 puts out 50watts per side.....so it's fine for the Yamahas and a tad underpowered (but would be ok) with the Auratones.

BUT....the A100 only has 2 channels....so not sure how you're planning on running all 4 at the same time?
(if you put one NS10 and one Auratone on each side of the amp....that gives you no way to balance them. (that's if the A100 can handle a 4 ohm load....I didn't see enough info to know)

Yep u are right, has one channel, i thought u could connect four speakers and had an a/b switch for choosing one or both of the speakers but u cant.i already bought a crown d75 for the auratones...by the way my question was more sound related...not much about wattage...but anyways, thx for making me realise that i wouldnt be able to power all 4 speakers.

The NS10's are rated at 50watts and the Auratones are rated at 60watts.
That Yamaha A100 puts out 50watts per side.....so it's fine for the Yamahas and a tad underpowered (but would be ok) with the Auratones.

BUT....the A100 only has 2 channels....so not sure how you're planning on running all 4 at the same time?
(if you put one NS10 and one Auratone on each side of the amp....that gives you no way to balance them. (that's if the A100 can handle a 4 ohm load....I didn't see enough info to know)

Ah, I see.
Sorry no experience with that Yamaha amp.
Looked at the manual for it, but didn't learn much other than the power ratings.
If it's cheap, it seems like it would serve the purpose of powering your monitors.

Back
Top Bottom