Power amp and cab

EdgE

Fractal Fanatic
So I've been a fractal fan since the ultra and I've always had a great one through monitors and head phones, I've struggled with a power amp and speakers to play with a band ,first time I played with the band with a matrix power amp and speakers ,my sound was lost(axe 2) ,I was so disappointed cause I had such great tones at home ,same with the ax8 and qsc 10" monitor, wasnt bad but bright and lots of lows, any way long story short . I have an old ADA power amp with the pre amp tubes with a stereo Marshall cab ,sounded ok but wasn't the tone I was looking for.

So I come across a 2016 video the other day and this guy with an axe 2 setting up a VH tone ,all he had was an amp, cab and reverb. So I set an amp(plexi2) in row 2 (no need for a cab cause I'm using a stereo cab) reverb in row one ,last block and cable up to it, set reverb to 100 %,go into output balance set 1 balance to 2 o'clock and 2 to 10 o'clock ,Early VH tone .Puts the the whole sound coming from the cab in a different perspective . kind of like listening to head phones coming from a 4x12. so much to learn, Thought I'd share:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom