Potential issue with some stock cabs (Q9b)

Brownmatthall

Power User
I was getting ready to clean my presets up and consolidate again, cycling through some stock cabs and came across this issue. It happens on the Y instance of my cab block and it almost sounds like the cabs have a high pass filter set aggressively, but not every cab does it. in the sound clip below I start out on F003 and cycle up the F001, the crackle towards the end is me pressing ctrl+i and re initializing the block which seems to fix the issue. some of the basketweave mixes do it as well

On Q9b when I am running 2 separate cabs, one cab block has the same cab name for every # I switch to although, it sounds like the cabs are changing.

Are these standard resolution cabs? IIRC, I’ve had issues after updates where the cab size parameter set itself to the lowest setting and caused something like I think you’re describing.

I was getting ready to clean my presets up and consolidate again, cycling through some stock cabs and came across this issue. It happens on the Y instance of my cab block and it almost sounds like the cabs have a high pass filter set aggressively, but not every cab does it. in the sound clip below I start out on F003 and cycle up the F001, the crackle towards the end is me pressing ctrl+i and re initializing the block which seems to fix the issue. some of the basketweave mixes do it as well

I had some cabs sounding similar like in your example even on Quantum 8.02. I think I noticed that with some of the third party IR's first...

Are these standard resolution cabs? IIRC, I’ve had issues after updates where the cab size parameter set itself to the lowest setting and caused something like I think you’re describing.
The block was set to ultra res but I'll take a look

Back
Top Bottom