POSTHUMOUS Blasphemer

As the new tour drummer for Posthumous Blasphemer after we finish our fall/ winter tour and spring tour coming up we will be re recording their current release via opposite sides of the globe and hopefully coming up with a new album to record by 2017. Here is a video of guitarist alexander playing through current material. I Plan to get dry tracks from him and re amp with some special technical death settings I will make for various parts of songs on albums as well as introduce him when we go on European tour. His tone is pretty good already but I think with the magic of fractal it could sound even better. I'm pretty versed in making clear over driven brutal technical death metal tones but I would love to hear feedback on where his tone might be able to be improved from outside ears. Any cool ideas, techniques ppl have had success with etc. Because tour approaches we will be exchanging files of his playing and I will attempt to make fatter lead tones ands slightly more articulate rhythms for running front of house so he can use my MFC to switch easily between butty leads and edgy harsh rythm that is a bit more audible to the average listener. Any experience or tips would be much appreciated. I have alot of Ideas already but I always feel like there are things I can learn or may be overlooking weather it's from a total n00b or axe fx god.
Looks like I could only find live track. I know where to start from ground up with that tone. Please not that is not me on drums and I will be replacing him.

Album guitar tone I will look to be improving on is featured in the actual album.

Obviously there will be more processing than axe fx involved as with most pro recording but the closer up the signal chain you can make things sound good up to the strings and pickups the better things turn out when an album or two is mixed and mastered. I plan On using fractal In multiple capacities and taking full advantage of amp/gain modeling, cab lab studio mixes and perhaps running some axe through a colored poweramp with poweramp sim off and micing up real cabs in a nice cab room and blending...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom