Post Your Rig!

Those patch panels look really cool. Great way to keep cable clutter out of the way and most importantly, not have to fiddle around with loose cables inside the rack nor pull them out the front or back to hook them up. I'd consider one of those to keep things clean, for sure.

What is the configuration you used on your panel, and why, if you don't mind sharing? He has an AxeFX-specific page ( Vafam Sound - Connector Adapters ) with no shortage of options. Looks like they vary mostly around number of inputs/outputs but also MIDI, power (including some with multiple power plugs - with both male and female three-prong power cables on the back side - no idea why you'd want male there), and ethernet/ethercon. Are those things priced reasonably?

Those patch panels look really cool. Great way to keep cable clutter out of the way and most importantly, not have to fiddle around with loose cables inside the rack nor pull them out the front or back to hook them up. I'd consider one of those to keep things clean, for sure.

What is the configuration you used on your panel, and why, if you don't mind sharing? He has an AxeFX-specific page ( Vafam Sound - Connector Adapters ) with no shortage of options. Looks like they vary mostly around number of inputs/outputs but also MIDI, power (including some with multiple power plugs - with both male and female three-prong power cables on the back side - no idea why you'd want male there), and ethernet/ethercon. Are those things priced reasonably?

I have one power con that I will plug my power conditioner into
2 speakon outs to my frfr monitors
1usb
1 ethercon
2 humbuster configured trs outs for going to foh
2 xlr for when i just go direct to foh without my cabs or for recording
Didnt need midi
Kind of a weird configuration but it works for me

Thanks Rex
Sorry im meant humbuster wired
Hans had suggested it.
I'm not sure whether there's much advantage to wiring humbuster jacks differently. You only get the benefit of Humbuster when you apply the special wiring to the long cable run. In that case, you'd want to repeat the standard TRS wiring at the jack panel.

My VERY humble rig at a gig opening for the Canadian band SAGA at Rockefeller Musichall in Oslo, Norway.
Guitars were a Tyler Classic and a couple of Suhrs
DSC00078.jpg

A video from the night:
Sonic Debris - What Do I Know - YouTube

Yeah, and they still sound the same. Michael Sadlers vocals sounded like they did back in the day, amazing
And they were also great guys, hung out with them a lot backstage and they even watched our set -That was cool.

Powers, what Suhrs do you have? Types of pre sets used with them? I am looking to replace my Andy Timmons Ibanez with a Suhr,... suggestions?

Not sure if I posted this, so forgive me if its a dup. Using a K12 instead of the K8(still has the marshall plastic!). Using a reworked buddawah for pedal1-backwards(pedal down is low tone and vice versa), it just really agrees with me. No more velo beast. I put a magnum44 in the back and it was way louder than I need it to be! I dont miss the 18 pounds of that velo300. 44 Drives the 2x12 for the bass player to hear me, and the QSC is pretty much for me to hear me. Out1 to QSC and FOH, Out2 to 44 and 2x12. G30 wireless into the front of the A2, at least at the moment. I was using the back in this picture, but got tired of switching for home(no wireless) and away. Gold knobs, silver inserts on the lifeson now.

RIG.jpg
Dig the Lifeson Axcess,. i have the sunburst and loooove it! my main axe, besides the Axe II hehe!

Powers, what Suhrs do you have? Types of pre sets used with them? I am looking to replace my Andy Timmons Ibanez with a Suhr,... suggestions?

I`ve had nine Suhrs including Standards, Carve tops, classics and a Modern.
Still have four, three of those are Classics.
Those are my favourites so I really recomend those, but you really can`t go wrong with any Suhr!
Also, it is all in the way they are spec`d out. A Standard and an Classic can be the same guitar with the same specs.
Then it is a matter of choosing the bodystyle you like (Classic full size, Standard slightly smaller)

I use alot of presets with those. Just a few with my band but I use tons when doing covergigs.
Love both Suhrs sc`s and humbuckers, very clear and impossible to hide behind :)

Here is a shot of the current version of my rig. From top to bottom I have a Furman PDU, my Axe FX II, an 11 Rack (in the fx loop of the Axe), a computer running Pro Tools among other things, a Carvin DCM 150 and a mixer that allows me to play along with a drum machine and an iPod. I am still tweaking the set up but for now this is pretty functional.Axe FX II rig.jpg

Back
Top Bottom