Post Your Rig!

The travel setupette, still with neo's, which will be replaced by Scumback m75s, which will add 3kgs, making it as heavy as my Zilla 11220200516_215951.jpg

Here's my Blues Rock rig for 2020, which only demands vintage Marshall tones plus FX. The Rocktron Valvesonic Plexi tube preamp can do all years of Marshall tones (JTM45 thru JCM900), the Dual 31 Band has one side for FOH/IEM's - Monitors, and the other side for the stage cab(s) feed as needed.

The Axe FX II is doing tube power amp sim, cab sim, acoustic sim, and creating the stage and FOH/IEM-Monitor feeds, plus all FX etc.

It's a great sounding rig with knobs and faders for quick adjustment on the gig (which I prefer over menu diving!), plus FracPad for editing the Axe FX II with my cell phone (which I prefer to hauling another laptop for the Axe FX II, as we already have to two laptops running our lights and teleprompter, guitar and bass FX automation, vocal FX, drum samples, click and cue etc).

Great sounding rig, which is often used with various other tube preamps 4CM, as well as utilizing the Axe's amp models which sound great of course (Ares 2.x).

One of the best things is it's only about 32lbs in it's 4U rolling rack LOL!

Last edited:
Wow. No one has posted here for two years. I just went through all 69 pages of this thread. It was cool to see the evolution of rigs. Let's keep this going. Here's my latest rig with the Axe-FX III Turbo. Show us your latest.
I like it a lot.

My rig has turned into a composing desk lately...
Maybe you're not around anymore....I've never seen Kiis on a desk before. How do you like it?

Maybe you're not around anymore....I've never seen Kiis on a desk before. How do you like it?
Still here occasionally!
It's so good actually. It's very useful to be able to hear sub bass so clearly - they are fantastic monitors for mixing and composing. All the available sub bass is a bit overkill for guitar practice but I cannot think of a better general studio monitor at this size.

That said I do feel the Kiis are overpriced and I would not have got them had they not been second hand and much cheaper than they typically sell for.

I have them on the desk for practical reasons as it is a sit/stand desk - I can keep the tweeters aimed at my ears regardless of which position I'm working in. I'm sure stands would be more ideal for pure performance but this would be less practical for how I like to work.

20221206_093354.jpg
Updated a couple of years later!

Last edited:
Still here occasionally!
It's so good actually. It's very useful to be able to hear sub bass so clearly - they are fantastic monitors for mixing and composing. All the available sub bass is a bit overkill for guitar practice but I cannot think of a better general studio monitor at this size.

That said I do feel the Kiis are overpriced and I would not have got them had they not been second hand and much cheaper than they typically sell for.

I have them on the desk for practical reasons as it is a sit/stand desk - I can keep the tweeters aimed at my ears regardless of which position I'm working in. I'm sure stands would be more ideal for pure performance but this would be less practical for how I like to work.
That looks so weird to me.

That bein said, Kiis with BXTs are on my short list of dream speakers.

That looks so weird to me.

That bein said, Kiis with BXTs are on my short list of dream speakers.
Fair enough! Although how they look doesn't bother me - they are just a tool and serve their purpose well. For my purposes a BXT system would be highly impractical, although I'm sure it would sound nice.

Still here occasionally!

View attachment 112276
Updated a couple of years later!
nice guitars!, but those wires under desk are giving me ocd anxiety - please fix and repost pic

Fair enough! Although how they look doesn't bother me - they are just a tool and serve their purpose well. For my purposes a BXT system would be highly impractical, although I'm sure it would sound nice.
That's the thing. Despite the directivity they go for and the correction, it looks like it would sound weird. Maybe it's fine. There are a lot of well-put-together studios that look like they could sound weird to me too.

I do care about looks as it applies to inspiration/vibe. But, sound generally comes first.

And, yeah...it's a lot. Money, size, etc.. They're also over 30-grand new, and I'm already running a very decent 2.2 system. I'm nowhere near being able to justify that expense.

Back
Top Bottom