Post Your Rig!

• RJM Mastermind GT/22 on the floor, phantom powered
  • Mission Engineering "RJM" expression pedal with spring
  • Fractal Audio Axe-Fx II XL
  • Matrix GT1000FX power amp
  • Port City OS Wave 2x12 (EV-12L + ASW KTS-70)
  • (rack) Shure GLX-D wireless
  • (rack) TC Electronic BodyRez pedal, for acoustic
  • (rack) EHX Mel9
  • Zoom H5 field recorder: records the room (stereo) as well my guitar's direct signal on a separate track.
Alexanders_rig.jpg

Awesome, @vangrieg . Now show the entire rig !

Well, here it is. Apart from the main unit I talked about earlier, there are two Axes, two MFCs, a TC Helicon floor processor for the main vocalist, a Roland FA-06 keyboard, and a Roland SPD-SX sampler for the drummer.

Here the rig is deployed at our rehearsal space with a PA system (so the rack also has a PA amp and a power conditioner), and there's also a pair of Quested monitors for tuning up sounds. When we do gigs, we use house PA, so this part stays at home. Sometimes we use a Matrix GT1000-FX to plug into house guitar cabs, but that hasn't happened for a long time, so it basically sits packaged in a box in a corner.

Attachments

• EA9A321C-6FE2-4C49-B23E-A95DCB385A9A.jpg
    EA9A321C-6FE2-4C49-B23E-A95DCB385A9A.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 236
  • 1418BE2C-107B-4192-83A1-71604C5256D5.jpg
    1418BE2C-107B-4192-83A1-71604C5256D5.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 224
Thanks. A very creative solution, espec. that main unit.

Yeah, that makes our life much easier - basically, apart from the instruments and Axes, all we need to carry is that 3U box. Even the MFCs can stay home as effect changes can be automated.

The main credit goes to the guys who fit all that stuff in such a small box, not me though. :)

My Kick Tags just arrived so I took a pic of my Fractal Audio setup. Here's my MFC101 with Kick Tags...View attachment 29227

...and here is my rack setup with an amp stand that I set up backwards to give me the proper angle to see things in front of me on stage...
View attachment 29228

...and I run it with a pair of these cabs...
View attachment 29229

I'm in the middle of matching my analog rig with the AxeFx which has been both fun and educational. I've been really blown away by how spot on I can get things to sound. Very happy with the results.

What rack bag is that?

Hey fellas, I just got the AxeFx II XL+

I am looking for an easy to carry rack bag that'll fit the XL. Most of the searching ive been doing for Gator and SKB are for the AxeFx II (Non XL) which from what I understand is a bit shorter in depth. Could any of you fellas point me in the right direction or have a recommendation?

Right now im looking at a 4U road runnner. But I like the idea of a shoulder strap that comes with Gator and SKB. The specs on those say 14" mounting depth though...Any experience with these?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Rig w Amps.jpg whole rig.jpg Pedal board.jpg Rig wiring.jpg This is my new live rig. I'm using the Ampete 444 to switch between 4 amps while using one 2 x 12 Port City Wave cab or 1 or 2 Marshall 1960B cabs depending on the gig. From the Ampete amp switcher's speaker out the signal goes into a Suhr Reactive Load so I can run my amps into a Mesa Boogie 2 90 and I can also eq the signal post amp.

Beautiful rig, eljodon!

Can you list what are all of the pedals are, and how do you use the EQ's in the rig?

Thanks! I'm using the OCD, Maxon OD808, Full Drive 2, Friedman BE-OD, Way Huge Green Rhino, Boss MT-2, Boss SD-1, Carl Martin Compressor, TC Electronics Chorus, Boss GE-10 eq and a Furman PQ3. They all go in front of my amps.

I hope you have roadies...!
Lol! I only use the racks the 2 x 12 and 2 to 4 amps depending on the gigs. I also use an Axe Fx 2 and Kemper Profiler with the Mesa 2 90 and the 2 x 12 cab when my back is not feeling well. This is also my studio amp set up which I wired it to be modular so I can easily use a specific system depending on the gig without having rewire everything.

Thanks! I'm using the OCD, Maxon OD808, Full Drive 2, Friedman BE-OD, Way Huge Green Rhino, Boss MT-2, Boss SD-1, Carl Martin Compressor, TC Electronics Chorus, Boss GE-10 eq and a Furman PQ3. They all go in front of my amps.
What settings do you use for the EQs?

Back
Top Bottom