Post Your Rig!

MKeditor said:
I don't recognize some of the components. Can you give us a description?

Sure. Axe (of course) in the bottom two spaces.

The whitish thing is a D-Tar mama bear acoustic guitar preamp. I don't know what that box does, but it's magic. A pickup goes in, and an acoustic guitar comes out. I have never heard my acoustic sound so good plugged in.

Everything else is just for monitoring myself. The white component next to the mama bear is a stereo mixer. Axe in ch1, unpowered monitor in ch 2, and powered monitor in ch 3. The powered monitor input comes out of a rolls headphone tap, which is the black unit to the left of the mixer. It simply provides a line from a powered monitor send. The stereo mixer sends a mix to a jack on the rear panel, and also to the wireless monitor transmitter. That is the final unit you see, a mipro MI-808 on top there.

Everything works great, but I have had a little trouble getting noise from the antenna of the transmitter. I am going to relocate it to the back of the rack and see if that helps out. But generally, things work great, and I haven't absolutely had to go 100% in-ear at any gig yet, so I'm okay for the time being.

There's jacks and loops and everything in the back to connect to house systems, monitors, etc. As well as an AC outlet to plug my powered monitor into if necessary.

I really like how compact everything is.

Here's my little buddy. Only used for recording as it weighs more than my car. :D The VHT and Mesa cabs are in another room.
2001125122389574257_rs.jpg

Here's my recording rig. Unseen is a new Pacifica mic preamp which sounds awesome on keys. I have yet to track guitars through it, but can't wait.
2001134946097136289_rs.jpg

Now loaded with the 2/50/2,
DSC00074.jpg

I cant get over just how good the axe fx sounds with this poweramp into a quadbox.

Still running the poweramp sims on but with the cab sims off, i`m one happy camper with this setup!! :D

winger said:
Sixstring said:
How do you like the Sennheiser wireless in general and in combination with the Axe?

For the money the Sennheiser ew100 is the best bang for the buck with respect to quality, clarity and reliability. I haven't had any issues with it through countless performances indoor and out and it seams to work well with the Axe when set up properly. It's not a cable but it's pretty darn close. To get any better I think one might have to spend twice as much.

guittarzzan said:
Here's my little buddy. Only used for recording as it weighs more than my car. :D The VHT and Mesa cabs are in another room.
2001125122389574257_rs.jpg

Man You have a chunk of change in that thing.... Nice rig. How do you like the M4 and what mods are you using? well looks like you have just about all of them LOL.

TonyGring said:
OK, I'll bite... What is it??

It's a custom cab I built, powered FRFR. Horn loaded 10, with crossfiring tweeter array. Very wide dispersion, loud and punchy. I've used it as a front wedge and vertically for back line. It will have a grill, and probably a Plexiglas lid in front of the AxeFX to guard against barroom spills when used in wedge position.

GuitarDojo said:
Nice.... How does it sound? ;)

It sounds great, very smooth. I played my first gig with this using the new hidef cabs, and it's the most amp like tone and feel I've gotten. I am going to RTA and see how flat it can get using the global EQ. The cab is a Bill Fitzmaurice design, which I modified to this tiltback/airhead style. I used a PA plate amp, it works fine and includes 3 input channels. But I think adding another rack space on top instead and using a bridged ART SLA 1 single space amp would work better than the plate amp for this design. The weight would be about the same and allow neater wiring and better balance. It's quite sturdy in wedge position, upright it can be pushed back easily.

I am really liking using it as a front wedge, with the AxeFX right in front of me. And having an all-in-one box, I use this for acoustic gigs as well and it's all the PA I need for small venues. It's not too heavy to tote around, somewhere between 50 -60 lbs, gave up trying to weigh it on the bathroom scale.

2999836300100521319S600x600Q85.jpg

Simple rig with in-ears. The signal of the axe goes to the mixer, split to FOH, the monitor feed is mixed with the other half of the split signal and sent to the in-ears.

aftec said:
2999836300100521319S600x600Q85.jpg

Simple rig with in-ears. The signal of the axe goes to the mixer, split to FOH, the monitor feed is mixed with the other half of the split signal and sent to the in-ears.
Looking good. Have been looking into the LD inears myself a while back. Unfortunately no reviews to be found on the net.
How are these performing?

winger said:
aftec said:
Looking good. Have been looking into the LD inears myself a while back. Unfortunately no reviews to be found on the net.
How are these performing?

I use it with a set of Ultimate Ears SF5 Pros, stock plugs are not the best. It has some hiss when you turn the volume up but it's wireless, you can expect that.
It's perfect for live use.
I like it pretty much, I can turn up the guitar volume to my taste without getting complaints from the rest of the band due it's a completely independent monitor mix of my own. You need to get used to playing with in ears, once you did, you would never go back to normal monitors. As an extra you can bring along an extra cheap mic, and feed the stage ambience to the mix too or you can go with some high end in-ear plugs which can be set to capture the sound around you too. One thing you should never do, is using only one of the plugs. It really can damage your hearing.

Recording-Rig (on top is my old Soundcraft Spirit Folio Mixer, i bought over 10yrs ago....still in great condition)
DSCF3579.jpg

my live rig (well, just the 8008 power amp and the 4x12 Cab are in use......it's not my gear, but as long i play with those guys it's mine! :lol: )

DSCF3670.jpg

btw...i use the small Behringer desk on top as my custom wired In-Ear Monitoring station.....Output 1 goes into the little mixer with Cab-Simulation on, Output 2 left without Cab-Simulation direct into the 8008-poweramp....works perfect!
:mrgreen:

Shure ULXP wireless
Square 1 rack interface
Furman PL-Plus conditioner
M13 on the floor in front of an Axe-Ultra with Korg A3 in the fx loop.
Carvin DCM150 power amp into two Vox 2x12's with Eminence Red Fangs.
Axess Electronics FX1 with Boss FV-300L and Vox wah exp pedals.

Dec2008Rig.jpg

Dec2008Rig2.jpg

Dec2008Rig1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom