Post Your Rig!

@Cobbler

IS that part man cave/ part living room? Do you have to share with the wife/girlfriend? If so, then its truly not a man cave. Regardless, its freakin sweet!! I had a studio built for me (1 mile away) and we call it the Man cave for obvious reasons...all I need now is that Flat screen and a recliner and its done!!!

@Cobbler

IS that part man cave/ part living room? Do you have to share with the wife/girlfriend? If so, then its truly not a man cave. Regardless, its freakin sweet!! I had a studio built for me (1 mile away) and we call it the Man cave for obvious reasons...all I need now is that Flat screen and a recliner and its done!!!

It's my own room. Her only requirement is to keep the door shut. :) My only requirement for her is don't touch anything and don't clean. :) There's a a couch and recliner out of shot. It's where I watch sports and play the xbox as well. We are looking into moving soon and possibly building and if we do, a real music room will be a must.

Last edited:
It's my own room. Her only requirement is to keep the door shut. :) My only requirement for her is don't touch anything and don't clean. :) There's a a couch and recliner out of shot. It's where I watch sports and play the xbox as well. We are looking into moving soon and possibly building and if we do, a real music room will be a must.
Heck yeah man, I just got a house bout a year ago and the basement was empty the only problem is that a music room, a good one, cost jut as much as the gear if not more.I opted for the room inside of the room, great design although i am super picky and a perfectionist and since its not just a normal room everything is taking forever.

I am just glad mine is a mile away from the house. If we build, it will be a detached something on the property away from the house. Oh yea....Xbox is a must. Black Ops right now man!!!

JustinAiken said:
My Xbox RRoD'd on me last night. Now I have no AxeFX AND no Xbox360... don't know what to do with my free time!

I would be wondering what the 3rd thing , that was gonna die. Or was that celebs that die in 3's? Lol

Here's the rig I used recently on tour, with the guitar I wish I could have used. Now it's all ready to go for next time.

IMG_1425.jpg

And here is my recording setup (in my bedroom):

IMG_1431.jpg

This is something that has taken forever to get where I want it... and now that it is, I am almost sure that I need to scrap it all. Very frustrating.

Fractal Rig @ Hollywood Bowl 7.10.11

Wow - this stuff looks amazing!

I just sent 30 minutes worth a footage to Tom King that was shot before I left for the west coast to do the Hollywood Bowl a few weeks ago. Maybe if the Forum makes enough noise he'll get around to posting it!

In the meantime here's a not-so-great picture from soundcheck at that gig.

P.S. Would have embedded the image, but couldn't seem to do it. Can someone email me how to do that @ chris@chrisbuono.com - thnx!

Attachments

• HB_7.10.11_RIG.jpg
    HB_7.10.11_RIG.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 298
Last edited:
Today's Ultra setup

How it looks - today. Not a big fan of the MFC tuner, so - wireless or cord into RG16, into tuner and input of Ultra (separately, of course), Ultra out into amp, amp into speakers.

Wow, that must be heavy to move around form gig to gig with that shock rack. How do you like that particular wireless? I've got one that needs retiring now and could use a new setup with new transmitters.

How it looks - today. Not a big fan of the MFC tuner, so - wireless or cord into RG16, into tuner and input of Ultra (separately, of course), Ultra out into amp, amp into speakers.

Yep, heavy. Looking into the Matrix amp to lose a little, the VHT is a beast. The two spaces above it is a drawer - that damn thing is heavy too! Nice thing - weighty, but all one unit = plus 2x12, plus guitar, plus man-purse for misc. crap. Considered two piece, with the amp in a separate case - then why not lug an actual amp head, and get that lovely preamp in there - then why not go back to amp head, G-force, etc. etc., use the extra cash for a new guitar. Somebody's got to carry something if you want particular stuff. Two handles on each side, need a friend to lift above ground level. Weight preference? iPod sized Axe-FX into iPhone sized VHT 2902 into someone else's PA - bio-port into brain, no foot pedals. Cliff? Howaboutit? X2 wireless - I like it, pretty transparent and reliable, but does eat batteries fairly quickly - I've heard results may vary. Thinking about a little 9-volt battery recharger for the remote unit. Doesn't infringe on new regulations for wireless stuff. The belt holder was crappy, but I had a little leather case for an iPod that fits it perfectly, and is super reliable, so there is a work-around for that. For home use, I plug straight into the RG16. As I said, this is today's rig - if I snag a Matrix and it still sounds cool, who knows?

Hey MikeDV I have X2 and got rechargable polymer batteries and charger and they last 5 times longer than an alkaline battery. I have just upgraded to Line 6 g90 that uses AA because I wanted the cable tone feature. I am not sure if I am going to get rid of batteries with my x2 or not. check em out though google 9 volt polymer.

I am pretty sure that is a Torpedo speaker simulator. There was a lot of talk about those a few years back.

Back
Top Bottom