Post Your FC-12 and FC-6 Pedalboards Here

I'll go fleshtone!

They were two of the cheap Rowin switches pictured in the before picture....... Tie wrapped the jacks underneath.

Wired up my board appropriately today. It’s a pain in the ass to solder stereo jacks, especially if you’re a gorilla with a solder iron like I am. Every cable I made I went back into the studio to make sure it worked. Ordering an EV-1 next week, I just blew an assload of money on a new iMac for my studio and want to space out spending a little bit. I made the cable for it already, so I just need to Velcro it down and add a cable tie or two, then this thing is done.
Hey Rev, this looks great! I'm considering building my own custom flatboard for an FM3+FC6+EV-2+external controller. I have a Brady Cases board that is just too small and I figured now that I got time on my hands...why not roll my own.
-What are the dimensions of your board? (Particularly the depth as Ill also have straight connectors sticking out the back.
-What are the materials you used to build it? Where did you procure said materials?
---especially the aluminum trim, what the hell is this stuff called and where can I find it?!

Thank you sir!

So i added external switches to my board to use as dedicated preset U/D and FX and to get back to scenes, i didn't have enough real estate to mount them but there not stepped on all that often so i built a riser its a little taller than id like but it still is comfortable and works.
IMG-6541.jpg

IMG-6542.jpg

IMG-6543.jpg

IMG-6544.jpg

IMG-6545.jpg

IMG-6546.jpg

IMG-6547.jpg
Hi Rich, do you mind telling me a little bit more about the risers that you built? I'm looking to do the same to house a 4x FS + 3x knob external controller, and possibly 1-3 pedals.
-What are the standoffs named? Where can you buy them?
-How are the standoffs mounted?
-What is the overall height of the risers?
-What is the height of the FC6 with the end caps on? Aka clearance for pedals on the riser. So not height over the endcaps per se, but over the unit itself.

Thank you sir!

Hi Rich, do you mind telling me a little bit more about the risers that you built? I'm looking to do the same to house a 4x FS + 3x knob external controller, and possibly 1-3 pedals.
-What are the standoffs named? Where can you buy them?
-How are the standoffs mounted?
-What is the overall height of the risers?
-What is the height of the FC6 with the end caps on? Aka clearance for pedals on the riser. So not height over the endcaps per se, but over the unit itself.

Thank you sir!
I made them from aluminum standoffs and a spare piece of Plexi I had
Amazon product ASIN B071YN76RXAmazon product ASIN B073TS1Z96Amazon product ASIN B01LAH7UBIAmazon product ASIN B01M4L97KGWhat I ended up doing was joining 2 of them together to get the height, but I actually have some shorter ones coming in that im going to swap out the top section to make them a little shorter and tucked into the top of the board a bit more.

For the shorter section
Amazon product ASIN B07M7D8V4F

Hey Rev, this looks great! I'm considering building my own custom flatboard for an FM3+FC6+EV-2+external controller. I have a Brady Cases board that is just too small and I figured now that I got time on my hands...why not roll my own.
-What are the dimensions of your board? (Particularly the depth as Ill also have straight connectors sticking out the back.
-What are the materials you used to build it? Where did you procure said materials?
---especially the aluminum trim, what the hell is this stuff called and where can I find it?!

Thank you sir!

Hey Prince!

This one is 13"x28". The best thing to do is lay all your stuff out before you decide on a size and figure out where you can use angled jacks or need straight jacks. I was originally going to go with all angled, but the back of the FC-6 wouldn't allow for it unless the cables all went in essentially upside down, which would leave the cables coming over the top of the FC-6. Another mistake I made on the first board I built years ago was mounting my GCPro too close to the handles and I couldn't get my fingers under the handles to grip it, just my fingertips....didn't work out so great with a board that weighed well over 20lbs!

I got everything for this at Home Depot. The aluminum channeling is called C-channel, it's about $14 for 8' at HD. The wood itself is 3/4" Baltic birch plywood, the c-channel is also 3/4". It actually slides over the wood a little loose, but that's good because you can fill it with glue and it won't go anywhere. Whatever you do, do NOT use Gorilla Glue. It expands and gets foamy. I spent hours cutting it all away from the aluminum and had to re-spray the board after because it took off chunks of paint.

The c-channel seems to be hit or miss in each Home Depot. They're all supposed to have it, but I don't think it's a big item, so when it runs out of stock, they're slow to stock it. You can order it off their website and they can ship it to your home or nearest store, though. While you can use a hacksaw to cut it, it's not recommended unless you've got a slow, steady hand and an appropriate blade. I used a miter saw and didn't bother switching blades (they make ones specially for aluminum) and ended up doing a lot of sanding because a wood blade hacked the ends to hell.

I just sprayed it with regular, matte black spray paint, but I put down a shitload of coats. After 5-6, it smooths out really well and almost looks like ABS plastic.

The risers for the momentary switches are just blocks of the same plywood, with the top switch having 2 of them stacked on top of each other.

If you already own all the tools, it's like a $30 project and can be done in an afternoon. For some reason, I've had a fixation on these kinds of boards ever since I saw Vai's '96 touring rig. It's such a weird thing to be attracted to, but that's the gear geek in me, I suppose. It's certainly easier and more efficient to have something like a Temple Audio board, with all yours ins/outs/power built into it, but I dig these!

If you need anything else, feel free to hit me up!

Yep added one switch back for getting to the FX and going back to scenes, moving the wah and whammy up and honestly there not bad sitting a bit farther up I also have a new Mission pedal coming for the whammy that will be spring loaded like the wah, still red though. And again loving the square plugs makes everything so nice and neat and tucked in looking.

IMG-8484.jpg

IMG-8485.jpg

Yep added one switch back for getting to the FX and going back to scenes, moving the wah and whammy up and honestly there not bad sitting a bit farther up I also have a new Mission pedal coming for the whammy that will be spring loaded like the wah, still red though. And again loving the square plugs makes everything so nice and neat and tucked in looking.

IMG-8484.jpg

IMG-8485.jpg

Four expression pedals!? Daaaayumn.

Four expression pedals!? Daaaayumn.

Lol I like to have options. But really they way I run my patches the Vol,Wah & whammy are dedicated to those tasks. The far right Exp is for anything else, usually delay levels but really for anything that I need it for.

Back
Top Bottom