Post Your FC-12 and FC-6 Pedalboards Here

Plugging directly into my Axe-FX III won;t always be desirable as far as how the cable run will be.
The simplest solutions would be having a longer-than-optimal cable run, moving the Axe FX closer, or going wireless. The FC12 doesn’t have any type of audio transmission.

If you aren’t happy with any of those options, you could extend your guitar signal over an XLR cable with one of these Radial kits. However, if your reasoning for not going wireless has to do with maintaining the purity of your tone, I’m not sure this will be any better, especially considering how good digital wireless is now.

Other than not having scribble strips or lights, can the external switches do everything the FC switches do? My first inclination was to get the 12 but I like the idea of a smaller footprint considering I'll have at least one pedal and a talkbox most the time.

Does anyone with the FC-6 who gig feel like you would be better off with the 12? I'm not interested in getting one of each. Or am I???

Other than not having scribble strips or lights, can the external switches do everything the FC switches do? My first inclination was to get the 12 but I like the idea of a smaller footprint considering I'll have at least one pedal and a talkbox most the time.
Yes. You can set them up as Stand-in switches to stand in for any footswitch on the FC.

Yes. You can set them up as Stand-in switches to stand in for any footswitch on the FC.
To add/clarify: you can use them for any function you can perform with a footswitch on the FC. That can be a function already displayed on the active layout in use on the FC (maybe you want a second instance of your amp boost or something else on an external switch) or any function not seen on the FC and stored in any unused switch location in any layout.

In the FC-6, you have many "extra" switch spots - 6 per layout. I have to use the four unused spots on the Master Layout for my FC-12's stand-ins.

All of that said, I love the number of switches on the FC-12, but am considering swapping it for a pair of FC-6 units to splt the switches up on either side of my external controller pedals/switches....

EDIT: I actually followed through on the above, and now have a pair of FC6es, one on either side of my controller pedals.

Last edited:
Personally, I’m not a fan of splitting the switches around the pedals. When I have a cluster of stomps to do, it's easier if they're all in the same general location.

Last edited:
Personally, I not a fan of splitting the switches around the pedals. When I have a cluster of stomps to do, it's easier if they're all in the same general location.
I use the controllers more, and the 12 puts all the switches at one end. The ones at the far end are a bit of a reach....

Sounded amazing at soundcheck. Ready to rock!
View attachment 52693
I thought this looked familiar the first time I saw it. Finally went back and actually read through this thread and saw that yep, it is the House of Blues in Houston. I'll only ever get to enjoy this place from the crowd. That has to be a bad ass venue to get to perform in, it has definitely been my favorite venue to go to a concert in. What's your band's name, and you actually based in Houston?

I thought this looked familiar the first time I saw it. Finally went back and actually read through this thread and saw that yep, it is the House of Blues in Houston. I'll only ever get to enjoy this place from the crowd. That has to be a bad ass venue to get to perform in, it has definitely been my favorite venue to go to a concert in. What's your band's name, and you actually based in Houston?
We are an Ozzy Osbourne and Black Sabbath tribute called Ozz. We are based in Houston. We play at HoB usually every 6 months or so. Generally twice a year.
You can check us out on our facebook page. Please give us a like!
https://www.facebook.com/Ozzytributehouston/

Back
Top Bottom