Post Your FC-12 and FC-6 Pedalboards Here

Looking awesome....👍

Here's Mine ....
Hi mate,

I designed the 'GloRiser' solutions specifically for this reason. Allows you to mount pedals and boards without removing feet and, if you're really feeling glamorous, you can light it up too! Check them out here:

http://www.zenrigs.com/epages/es138465.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es138465/Categories/Buy_Stuff/"GloRiser - Mounts / Lighting Platforms"

View attachment 57810

Here's Mine...

20190831_154447.jpg

Can you describe how you made your d-i-y aluminum board. Would love lighter, but leaning toward wood since aluminum seems more difficult to work with.

Sure, the width of each Aluminium hollow pipe is 2 inches. These hollow pipes are the ones that are used to hold glass, and hence have screw cavities. Made the outer frame (41inch X 16inch... this should easily fit in a Gator 61 keys keyboard case), The mid section pipes are screwed on the outer frame at a distance of 1.6 inchs. I left a bigger gap on the upper side to accommodate connectors and cables. The 4 pipes that you see in the centre are equidistant but I made sure that gaps accommodate the EV1 rubber feet (so that i dont have to remove them) The whole unit sits on 6 rubber feets, 4 on the outer frame corners and 2 in the centre but on the inner pipes to accommodate the weight. Attached (screwed) handles on the side. The hollow pipes have been filled up with silicon to hide the gaps. Let me know you need anything more specific.

Cost incurred 50USD.

Last edited:
That's so odd. That is my weekend project! I purchased all of the aluminum square tubing this week. I'll be posting photos and a walk-through of sorts, next week. Got some ideas :)

Great job though! Nice board.

That's so odd. That is my weekend project! I purchased all of the aluminum square tubing this week. I'll be posting photos and a walk-through of sorts, next week. Got some ideas :)

Great job though! Nice board.

Ha ha, Thanks, Great minds think alike. Keep us posted on the progress and the pics.

Sure, the width of each Aluminium hollow pipe is 2 inches. These hollow pipes are the ones that are used to hold glass, and hence have screw cavities. Made the outer frame (41inch X 16inch... this should easily fit in a Gator 61 keys keyboard case), The mid section pipes are screwed on the outer frame at a distance of 1.6 inchs. I left a bigger gap on the upper side to accommodate connectors and cables. The 4 pipes that you see in the centre are equidistant but I made sure that gaps accommodate the EV1 rubber feet (so that i dont have to remove them) The whole unit sits on 6 rubber feets, 4 on the outer frame corners and 2 in the centre but on the inner pipes to accommodate the weight. Attached (screwed) handles on the side. The hollow pipes have been filled up with silicon to hide the gaps. Let me know you need anything more specific.

Cost incurred 50USD.

Thanks for the detail! Much to think about, but plenty of time to do so.

I finally got a “complete” enough setup to share in this thread. Home built external switch/knob add-on to my FC6, two modded Ernie Ball VPjr’s, and a spring loaded Mission.

I actually don’t like mounting pedals to a board. I find I really like being able to angle my expression pedals for better ergonomics, and like the flexibility to leave some stuff at home. Maybe I just want the FC, Maybe the FC and one pedal, maybe I want 5 expression pedals...? Just like not having everything attached, though does take a minute longer to plug in the cables, but, also makes transport easy as I have a large laptop bag which can hold the FC in one side and then I can slip my pedals into the other side, super compact and portable!

98236357-5BDC-43B8-B730-E58683BB629D.jpeg

You might like the "Holey Board"... It's curved.

I’ve looked into some curved mounting options, but, the issue then is the case becomes not only long but also wide. I don’t play too many places these days, but, have often run into issues with finding enough space on a stage between a mic stand, wedges, PAR cans etc to lay bigger boards. When I used to have a monster pedal board I’d run into issues with essentially being on top of it due to space lol.

I figure Hendrix always just set stuff on stage, varying setups and positions, so surely it’s good enough for me too

I made them from aluminum standoffs and a spare piece of Plexi I had
Amazon product ASIN B071YN76RXAmazon product ASIN B073TS1Z96Amazon product ASIN B01LAH7UBIAmazon product ASIN B01M4L97KGWhat I ended up doing was joining 2 of them together to get the height, but I actually have some shorter ones coming in that im going to swap out the top section to make them a little shorter and tucked into the top of the board a bit more.

For the shorter section
Amazon product ASIN B07M7D8V4F
Did the shorter one’s work out? Can you post a pic?

Back
Top Bottom