Post Your FC-12 and FC-6 Pedalboards Here

I haven't weighed it yet, but I'm using one of those foldable hand trucks to move it. A lid with wheels will come next, I think. Yea, I think a layer of plywood on top to shield the AF itself will probably have to make it on there too. Most of my playing out is at church, so I'm not worried about flying beer or anything, although knowing my luck someone's going to manage to knock over a tray of grape juice communion shots on it.
It's actually really nice to play on- I like the layout of this a lot, and having the Axe right up front makes it super easy to make preset changes on the fly during rehearsal. I haven't started messing with the perform tabs much yet, but I think they might really come in handy with this board.
Agreed: playing in a church setting is a much more genteel experience than your typical bar. No rowdy drunks. And, wonder of wonders: when you play, people actually listen. :)

How's it working out to have your expression pedal set a foot back into the board?

Agreed: playing in a church setting is a much more genteel experience than your typical bar. No rowdy drunks. And, wonder of wonders: when you play, people actually listen. :)

How's it working out to have your expression pedal set a foot back into the board?
Yea, and if you screw up in church, everyone knows!
The mission pedal in the back is actually pretty comfortable to use- I laid it out a few different ways when I was putting it together, and I was surprised that I actually liked it up a little. The main expression pedal is on the bottom right, under the SG, so it’s right up front- that’s volume, pitch, and sometimes delay and verb levels. The mission I use more as an extra- stuff like wah and rotary, or anything I want on a switch.

Reactions: GBM
True, but it looks like all five expression doodads are connected onboard. Most tricky...
Hey Rex
Ive assigned one of the Ext Switch to turn on Delay Hold parameter. I know I could have used a momentary switch for this purpose but Loopi knob looks nuce. 🤣 And it works.

Another thing to be mindful is the polarity didn't match so I had interchange and resolder tip and ground cables on Loopi. Now they work like a dream. And yes less weight overall.

Hey Rex
Ive assigned one of the Ext Switch to turn on Delay Hold parameter. I know I could have used a momentary switch for this purpose but Loopi knob looks nuce. 🤣 And it works.

Another thing to be mindful is the polarity didn't match so I had interchange and resolder tip and ground cables on Loopi. Now they work like a dream. And yes less weight overall.
Ah, using it as a switch. That works.

I know, another exciting picture of a black box on top of a black platform... but finally got my 12.

I did however mount my stand in switches to the top corners of my FC and have found that to be a great spot for them.

Mounting in front, they kept getting in the way of other switches. Behind they were too short. But this layout has worked well. Attached with Velcro and removed when transporting.

View attachment 55884
That looks cool! Like a Helix sized FC board. Are you having any issues with everything fitting alright? Issues using the expression pedal, fit wise? Also, is that the Gator 23.75 inch board? I like it, nice and neat.

Used 3m Dual Lock. This thing isn't going anywhere. Brilliant piece of gear.
Ctedq5Z.jpg

Used 3m Dual Lock. This thing isn't going anywhere. Brilliant piece of gear.
Ctedq5Z.jpg
Curious that you must prefer the Drop to the pitch option in the lll? I've got a Drop too, and it does seem better. I would think with the processing power of the lll it could equal the Drop.

Curious that you must prefer the Drop to the pitch option in the lll? I've got a Drop too, and it does seem better. I would think with the processing power of the lll it could equal the Drop.
Might be a matter of algorithms and proprietary/patented stuff blocking Fractal from duplicating (and likely improving upon) it.

I've tried the Axe's pitch block but I find its latency is a bit more than the Drop's.

Back
Top Bottom